*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2215105-Alternate-Earths/cid/3076083-3-Primal-Planet-or-more-options
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #2215105
Come visit a world like, yet unlike our own, be it in history or reality.
This choice: 3. Primal Planet or more options  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

3. Primal Planet or more options

    by: Bread Wyvern
Ever since the dawn of mankind, dinosaurs have roamed the Earth. On this Primal Planet, the cataclysmic asteroid impact never happened, and so dinosaurs still flourish and rule the land. It is a surprise the early ancestors of humans even managed to survive, as the primordial beasts dominate the ecosystem. Scraping out an existence in this dangerous landscape, the humans live under the shadow of the great reptiles, just barely surviving using their superior wit.

As a result, human society in this fierce world has been greatly stunted, technology limited to stone and bone tools, and in the most advanced places, certain malleable metals. Many populations exist in small hunter-gatherer tribes, sheltering in caves or primitive tents constructed of beast hide, light enough to be carried by nomadic tribes when traveling. The few permanent villages, with huts of mud, stone, wood, or hide, that exist during this time are either placed in secluded areas hidden from the dangers of the outside or defended with primitive barriers. Only a few societies are beginning to figure out agriculture, while others have found success in taming smaller, less dangerous animals into trusted hunting companions and guards.

You are a human with the misfortune of being born into this literal Jurassic World, but where?

1. A lush, tropical rainforest with towering trees and other primordial vegetation. There are numerous sheltered caverns hidden throughout the jungle. The lush forest is also abundant with fruits and small game, but danger is never too far away. Hunting parties of raptors weave through the dense trees, while the raging rivers that seasonally flood the jungle into an expansive swamp hide enormous crocodiles and fish large enough to devour a man in one bite. Bordering the jungle are expansive plains, where descendants of the horned Carnotaurus pursue herds of giant sauropods.

2. A redwood forest along the coast. The redwood mountainsides are an incredibly dangerous place to live. Due to the location, the forest is regularly cloaked in fog, providing cover for the forest's predators to make their ambush. Formidable direct descendants of the Tyrannosaurus rex, even larger than their ancestor, stalk prey under a veil of thick fog. The coastline at the foot of the mountainside, while providing abundant food in the form of sea life, are even more dangerous. Providing less cover than then the forested mountainside, a variety of carnivores scout the beach in search of the washed up corpses of marine animals.

3. The tundra. While the planet is mostly lush and primal, small but hostile stretches of ice cover the very North. A grim expanse of ice and snow, the little food here means that herds of herbivores are forced to constantly migrate across the tundra in search of food, waiting every year until the exceptionally short summer brings a brief respite from the cold. In the dead of winter however, freezing winds howl across the tundra. The dense thickets of pines scattered across the landscape provide shelter from the worst of the weather, but many carnivores stalk these frozen forests...

Where do you live in this unforgiving world?

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. The Flooded Jungle/The Fern Plains

*Noteb*
2. The Redwood Mountains/The Primordial Coast

*Noteb*
3. The Vast Tundra/The Pine Forests

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Bread Wyvern (UN: gouracristata at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Johnny Foxx has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2215105-Alternate-Earths/cid/3076083-3-Primal-Planet-or-more-options