*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. For the Empire
  2. A choice of lives
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2246807-Scifi-Size-verse/cid/3012322-For-the-Empire
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #2246807
In a universe where humans have reached the stars...to be the smallest out in the cosmos.
This choice: Drafted  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

For the Empire

    by: EggzSupreme
The Canis Empire is a strict, totalitarian dictatorship. Their architecture appears angular and utilitarian, black in coloration with red details. They value strength and seek victory no matter the cost.

Many of the ships and technology of the Canis Empire often suffer from design flaws and malfunctions, this is mainly brought on by rushed production and a lack of quality control, which is meant to accommodate for the empire's constant violent expansion. The Empire has partially circumvented this problem by employing vast amounts of human engineers, who can more easily fit through cracks and conduct repairs on smaller components.
More often than not these humans are forcefully drafted. It is not uncommon for human engineers onboard Canis ships to find themselves involved in fatal accidents thanks to nonexistent safety regulations and less than friendly Canis coworkers.

But where exactly do you reside?

Starships:

The Apocalypse
The Canis Empire's flagship and Emperor's palace. The Apocalypse is a gargantuan warship roughly the size of a moon, armed with enough kinetic and energy weapons to reduce a planet to rubble. It is said that a Canis crew member can spend their entire careers onboard the Apocalypse without being able to see every single chamber, this is especially true for the small planet's worth of human maintenance crew that keeps the Apocalypse fully operational. Security robots patrol the ship's halls, to ensure slacking is nonexistent, and that none of the crewmates escape.

The Dreadnova
A prized exploration class vessel, lightly armed and armored when compared to full fledged battleships, but much faster and maneuverable. Tasked with exploring uncharted regions of space for potential colonization by the Empire. The compact Canis crew are all experts in their respective fields, only a handful of human engineers are required to keep the craft operational.

Planets:

Solla
Solla is a roughly earth sized planet with breathable atmosphere and rich ore deposits. The surface is mainly comprised out of uneven rocky terrain, and it supports a small, scattered human population. Solla used to be a neutral planet, up until it's recent absorption into the Canis Empire. The planet is still in it's early stages of integration, much of the human population is having a very hard time adjusting to their new lives under Canis rule. The vocally disgruntled parts of the populace are dealt with swiftly, and often made into examples

Mehabos Prime
The Capitol of the Canis Empire, a reddish black planet eight times larger than the earth. All traces of flora and fauna have been extinguished, the oceans and lakes have all dried up many generations ago, the atmosphere remains breathable only via massive oxygen generators. Vast slums, factories and living complexes cover every inch of the planet's surface. Both the humans and Canis residing upon this wretched husk of a planet work tirelessly to churn out weapons to fuel the empire's never ending conquest, and are expected to do so until they expire.

You have the following choices:

1. The Apocalypse

*Noteb*
2. The Dreadnova

3. Solla

*Noteb*
4. Mehabos Prime

*Noteb*
5. Other

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 EggzSupreme (UN: eggzsupreme1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
punkachu has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2246807-Scifi-Size-verse/cid/3012322-For-the-Empire