*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2257405-Independence-Day-Retaliation
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fanfiction · #2257405
An interactive sequel to the movie Independence Day: Resurgence

An interactive sequel to the movie Independence Day: Resurgence

This is an interactive story. Each chapter tells part of the story and often ends with multiple choices. Make a choice and move to the next chapter in your story. When you reach a chapter that hasn't been written yet, don't be shy... make an addition!
The creator of this Interactive Story provides this information and guidance:
At the request of a former WDC writer (Nicholas1998), I am creating an interactive that begins where the movie Independence Day: Resurgence ends, with humanity being offered the leadership of the Resistance, along with the technology to fight the Harvesters.

This interactive begins in the years following Independence Day: Resurgence. After having beaten back the Second Harvester invasion, humanity has used the technology provided by the Sphere to rebuild itself and making its defenses bigger and better than ever.

The Sphere has also taught humanity what was waiting for it beyond the solar system.

First, there were the Harvesters, the alien race that has twice tried to attack Earth and has twice been repelled. The Harvesters were not so much a civilization as they were entropy personified. If the Harvesters had not first been able to master being able to accelerate their spaceships to near light speed, then been able to create Einstein–Rosen bridges, they would have imploded on themselves centuries ago. But they had, and they were slowly spreading across the Orion arm of the galaxy.

Harvesters exist in hive entities, with some hives possessing "only" one of the smaller motherships (such as the one that attacked Earth in 1996), while others possess the much larger mothership (such as the one that attacked Earth in 2016) and a fleet of the "smaller" motherships.

Harvester hives exist in a quasi-cooperative/quasi-competitive state with each other. Combat among hives is almost non-existent, with the weaker hive usually allowing itself to be driven out of a territory. Technology is shared among hives by a process that is comparable to osmosis. Technological development has been stagnant among the Harvesters for centuries.

The species the Sphere has rescued from the Harvesters reside in an area of space referred to as Sanctuary. The nature of space in Sanctuary makes the systems within undetectable to the Harvesters. Each species has their own home world in Sanctuary. In addition, the Resistance is headquartered on a world in Sanctuary space also referred to as Sanctuary.

With this premise in mind, here are the rules for adding new chapters:

1) Write in the second person perspective -- In the second person perspective, the reader becomes the main character and is addressed as "you" throughout the story.

2) No "more choices" options -- I absolutely hate seeing an interactive with 100 chapters, and 95 of them are all on one thread, with all of them being a list of choices that NO ONE ever goes back to backfill. I really don't want to see that here.

3) Consistency -- Please make all new chapters consistent with the preceding chapter

4) Rating of Content -- Just because it's 18+ doesn't mean it has to be 18+ -- The 18+ rating is to allow adult themes to be explored, if the thread evolves in that direction. It doesn't mean you have to feel the need to move a story immediately to an 18+ rating. Also, there are some fetishes explored in the interactives on WDC that you would not see in the Independence Day franchise. So please don't add them here.

5) Final say -- I reserve the right to edit or delete entries as I feel necessary, I also reserve the right to add rules as I see necessary. I'll try to do so sparingly.

6) Have fun -- 'Nuf said
IMPORTANT NOTICE and DISCLAIMER: The content in this story has been rated 18+. However, since this story is created by members, Writing.Com can not control the content within it. As with any item on Writing.Com, the content rating MAY or MAY NOT be accurate and the site makes no guarantees as to the accuracy. Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates will not be held responsible for the content within this interactive story. Posters accept all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content they've uploaded / submitted / posted on Writing.Com.
Please assume this story MAY contain graphic language, sexually explicit text, violence and/or any other displeasing topic you can or can't think up! To be certain you don't encounter textual content that may be offensive, you should leave this area and not continue on within this item.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2257405-Independence-Day-Retaliation