*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. It begins
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2267896-Secret-Pets-redux/cid/3197093-It-begins
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #2267896
John's fantasy was becoming a reality. Would he go the distance?
Chapter #1

It begins

    by: Gundam01
John exited his house into the bright sunshine of his backyard. It was a beautiful afternoon, but he didn't really feel it. He felt empty today. Like other days on occasion. He didn't know why he would sometimes feel this way, he just felt like.... he was missing something. He walked to the small shed in the yard, with his mind lost in thought. Opening the shed door he rummaged a bit before finding his gardening tools. Gardening was his attempt to feel better and more positive. But in reality it just made him zone out for an hour or so. At first he thought his depression was caused by his divorce from his wife Alicia and the end of a marriage that lasted for 10 years. But the divorce was inevitable and perhaps even caused by a depression that was already there. He then tried blaming his feelings on guilt of making his 8 year old son go through watching his parents separate. But his relationship with Kevin was unaltered by only seeing each other on visitation times. He then turned to maybe a midlife crisis making him feel this way. But it felt like something more than a sports car or some other overcompensation could fill.

Walking to the small patch of tended soil, where he had the beginnings of a trim of flowers and shrubs were sprouting, he knelt down and began tending to the weeds. He sat trying to remember a time before he would feel this way. He thought of his time in college and when he was up late watching television when a b-movie marathon was on. He sat through a horrible flick called Red Zone Cuba, and after was a movie that caught his interest. Dr. Cyclops starring Albert Dekker as a mad scientist who shrinks a group of people and keeps them as test subjects. John remembered watching it and thinking to himself that at some point after they shrunk, that the villain would have had to dress each of them in the small handkerchiefs they were wearing when they awoke. For some reason that scenario stuck with him...even to this day now out of the blue. How strange. He also remembered as he was watching, wondering all the things the scientist COULD have done with them.

Lost in thought as he tended his garden he heard a faint noise come from the shrub in front of him. He stopped....listened... but it didn't return so he resumed his task at hand. Then...he heard it again. Thinking he had a rodent in his garden he leaned closer. As he did out of the corner of his eye he noticed some of the dried leaves rustle. Cautiously, with his garden tool, he reached over to the small shrub and nudged it aside and revealed something that made him fall back on his ass in shock. It was small and it looked like....no it couldn't be. But as it got up to make a run for cover it was no mistaking it.... John had just
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Gundam01 (UN: gundam01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gundam01 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2267896-Secret-Pets-redux/cid/3197093-It-begins