*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A Few Starting Scenarios
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2272419-Fantastical-and-Futuristic-Families/cid/3235476-A-Few-Starting-Scenarios
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Interactive · Children's · #2272419
A general "fantasy/sci-fi" baby/toddler-based interactive, based around general scenarios.
Chapter #1

A Few Starting Scenarios

    by: ShadowBlade
Scenario A: The Dark Lord's Terrible Twos

All was not lost when the Heroes of Light sealed away the Dark Lord! He was not defeated, just reincarnated, and his servants in the shadows were able to recover him.

The problem is, his demonic powers have been sealed, leaving him in an infantile body, and his memories aren't recovered either. So the lieutenants have to deal with The Dark Lord in his current state: A whiny, cranky, tantrum-throwing toddler.

Will he ever recover? Or is the Dark Lord doomed to demonic diapers, foul finger foods, and putrid pacifiers, forever?

Who knows, it's bound to be hilarious.

Scenario B: The Planet Daranak

Daranak is viewed from a distance from the galactic POV. Not because it is anything bad, it just needs to mature a bit until it can join with all of the other alien races that live in harmony.

Daranakians grow up differently relative to most other races. Daranakian children age like normal until some point between 2 and 5 when their skills plateau for a solid 10 to 15 years. They still gain height and weight at the same rate as most ordinary races, but mentally, a Darakanian 6-year-old is a toddler, and a Darakanian 16-year-old is merely an older toddler. This plateau ends with a mental growth spurt where months pass in days and years in weeks, and about a year after this event starts, they are on par with a teenager/young adult of roughly equivalent age. A healthy Daranakian can live to be 130, though the average is closer to 100.

In terms of appearance, Darnakians are physically humanoid but are scaled, often resembling anthropomorphic dinosaurs (though you'd be hard-pressed to find a specific type they resemble the most). Their scales come in many different colors, from navy blue to dark orange to hot pink to soft green. Culturally and technologically, Daranak mostly resembles the human 1990s, with computers being somewhat common but still not interconnected by any large 'internet'. Currently, no major attempts have been made to leave the planet (though when they do, they will be welcomed with open arms into the intergalactic community).

Scenario C: Odorous Ogres

Ogres. They smell. They drool and get snot everywhere. They have tiny vocabularies and big tempers. They like to use big sticks, and tend to dress only in loincloths.

Certainly gets different when you realize that most Ogres are, essentially, giant toddlers. And that terrorizing a village is their equivalent of letting them play in a neighbor's front yard while you occasionally check in but focus more on getting chores done.

Scenario D: Robot Caretaker

The Yamazaki Corporation's newest robotic nannies have been taken out of testing. All potential programming faults are gone. They're still somewhat expensive, but they quickly become popular among the upper class, as a one-and-done nanny rather than a monthly expense like human ones are. Plus, they come with a variety of shells, so your child can be cared for by a stuffed teddy bear, or lion stuffy, or tiger stuffy, or whatever you like!

-----------------------------

I'm leaving the last option open to other people's scenarios. I hope you enjoy.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. The Dark Lord's Terrible Twos

2. The Planet Daranak

*Noteb*
3. Odorous Ogres

4. Robot Caretaker

5. Give me some of your own. Whatcha got?

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 ShadowBlade (UN: chrisern at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShadowBlade has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2272419-Fantastical-and-Futuristic-Families/cid/3235476-A-Few-Starting-Scenarios