*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Beginning
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2286917-A-Swap-to-Remember/cid/3361314-The-Beginning
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Erotica · #2286917
A young man is cursed to swap something with a random woman in his life.
Chapter #1

The Beginning

    by: 5dollars
t was another normal day for Ethan Summers. A boring day of school, and another few hours of procrastinating until he finally got the willpower to do his homework or something more productive. He laid back in his chair and had his feet up on the desk as he endlessly scrolled through the web.

Suddenly, his door flew open, causing him to immediately bring his feet down and bring up a previously hidden window that had a barely written essay on it. His mom walked in, carrying an old carboard box.

“Oh hey, Mom! Just uh…doing some homework here.” He said rather unconvincingly. She smiled, bemused.

“Ethan Summers? Working?? The sky must be falling!” She chuckled, as she lay the box down on his bed. Ethan came over to check it out.

“What’s all this?” He asked, as he opened it up. Inside was an assortment of old vintage magazines, a polaroid camera, and some tacky souvenirs.

“Some of your dad’s old junk that he left behind. It’s mostly junk, but I wanted you take a look and see if you wanted anything before I chuck it.” She said. There was a bit of a sour expression on her face now, a familiar sight whenever the topic of Ethan’s dad, Greg, came up. “Whenever you’re done looking, throw it in the bin for me, will ya?”

“Sure thing mom.” Ethan replied, as he started searching through the box. His mom gave him a quick peck on the cheek before leaving the room and closing the door behind her.

Ethan began pulling out some of the junk from the box. The magazines were rather yellowed and faded, nor did he find them at all interesting to read. He was gonna keep the camera though, maybe Jason could help him repair it. And- Hello? What’s this?

His hand felt something furry inside the box. He grabbed the strange object and pulled it out. He hoped it wasn’t a dead rat…

In his hand he held a small red velvet box, with a four pointed star emblazoned on the top. He gave it a small shake, and heard something small inside. With increasing curiosity, he opened up the box.

Inside the box was a silver ring. On its center was a small dish, emblazoned with the same symbol as the box, a four pointed star. Despite the dirtyness of the box, the ring was still pretty shiny and seemed in good condition.

“Huh. Guess I could sell this at a pawn shop or something. Could fetch me a couple hundred bucks at least.”

As Ethan observed the ring, he noticed that on the inside of the box, there was a slightly faded but still legible message.

“WEAR ME AND WITNESS NEW PERSPECTIVES”

Ethan raised his eyebrow. “Witness new perspective? The hell does that mean?” He said apprehensively. He pulled the ring out from the box and stared at it. It felt strangely warm to the touch.

The longer he stared at it, the more he felt like he should try it on. Acting on impulse, Ethan slipped on the ring.

For a moment, nothing happened. He felt a bit silly now, expecting to gain some new found knowledge or some nonsense.

Then, he was suddenly overridden by a wave of pain unleashed from the ring. Writhing on the ground, clutching his hand, Ethan eventually blacked out. His last thoughts were of…

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. His Crush, Jess Martinez

2. His Mom, Martha Summers

3. His Sister, Emily Summers

4. Someone else that he knows

5. Reader’s choice

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 5dollars (UN: 5dollars at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
5dollars has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2286917-A-Swap-to-Remember/cid/3361314-The-Beginning