*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. what is this?
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2292653-You-get-the-superpower/cid/3418548-what-is-this
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rorke
Rated: E · Interactive · Fantasy · #2292653
Josh finds a game console that can give people superhuman powers.
Chapter #1

what is this?

    by: Rorke
Josh flopped onto his bed, his legs stiff from the four-hour drive and the previous day's hike. He liked the outdoors, he liked fishing and cooking marshmallows and secretly skinny dipping but not spending two hours scrambling up a sheer cliff and another two attempting not the fall down the same cliff.

"Hey, Josh don't forget to put your used clothes into the wash, I'll be putting it on in a few minutes," called his mother Rosa. Too tired to get up Josh turned his head calling out "Okay Mom!"

He then saw a faint blue light coming from his backpack.

Slowly and cautiously he reach over unzipped the pocket and pulled out the handheld game console whose light faded the moment his skin made contact with its cool surface.

Since he had found it in the 3-meter wide crater Josh had told no one of it.

Examining it in his hand Josh took note of how strange it was, there was a blank screen, on the left-hand side a cross button, and on the right side a simple black button and a tiny red button. On the front, there was what looked like a camera lens. There was no charging port of any kind or anything else.

Taking a guess Josh pushes the tiny red button.

Nothing happened.

He pushed it a second time.

Nothing happens.

A bit annoyed he pushes it a third time, hard.

Then something happens.

The screen lights up, revealing a scroll of green-lettered words on an obsidian black canvas. Now figuring out what the cross-shaped button Josh click down becoming more confused with every click.

"Super strength? Fire Breath? Bronze skin? Head detachment? Mind Reading? Dragon metamorphosis!? Okay, this is seriously a crap game if this is all there is!"

In his sullen mood, he missed the down point of the cross hitting the side there was a loud click. Then the screen split into two tabs, the scrolling function and Josh Evens profile over which hang the green pixelated words 'Select Power.'

Josh's mind begins to race as a belief in the impossible, could this strange device give someone...him powers.

Scrolling down he looked over the many powers, some cool like super strength, invulnerability, and flight. Other's where something else, love laser, prehensile tongue, multi-breath.

"Nagh, No way this is real. Of course, if there is a chance?"



*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Rorke (UN: sawatching at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rorke has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2292653-You-get-the-superpower/cid/3418548-what-is-this