*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Opening
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2298763-The-Bakery-of-Growth/cid/3474317-The-Opening
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2298763
A young woman opens a bakery, and the delicious treats often lead to size changes.
Chapter #1

The Opening

    by: The Average Gatsby
The sun begins to rise and light up the town, marking the beginning of a new day. Tucked away on a street corner, beams of light shine through the windows of a homely, newly furnished bakery, filling the lobby with a warm, inviting glow.

Elizabeth hums to herself as she carefully places her fresh goods into the the display cabinets, looking over each one with a satisfied nod. Pastries, cakes of varying shapes and sizes, decorated cookies, and fluffy loaves of bread line the shelves around the room. Finally, she stepped back, and smiled with pride at her work.

"Almost ready." She said with excitement.

Heading to the back of the shop, she produced a key and gently opened a locked cabinet. She checked over the sparkling potions, powders, and other "secret ingredients" she had used to spice up her treats. She grinned mischievously before closing the cabinet and locking it back up.

The woman fired up the oven in the back of the shop, brushed off the counter, and took a deep breath. She was wearing her chef's jacket and apron, and she had her blonde hair tied back in a small bun. Elizabeth took a moment to compose herself, and then confidently stepped forward, unlocking the front door and putting up a sign labeled "We're Open!" on display.

She stepped behind the counter and patiently waited for her very first customer. She didn't have to wait for long.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 The Average Gatsby (UN: kman23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Average Gatsby has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2298763-The-Bakery-of-Growth/cid/3474317-The-Opening