*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2312190-The-BETA-Files
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #2312190
Covert tales of Earth's encounters with aliens

Covert tales of Earth's encounters with aliens

This is an interactive story. Each chapter tells part of the story and often ends with multiple choices. Make a choice and move to the next chapter in your story. When you reach a chapter that hasn't been written yet, don't be shy... make an addition!
The creator of this Interactive Story provides this information and guidance:
TOP SECRET/SCI
BETA COMMUNIQUE – FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

Case File No.: BETA-2024-ET001

To: [Redacted]
From: Director [Redacted], Bureau of Extra-Terrestrial Affairs (BETA)
Subject: Provisional Security Clearance Notification

Date: [Redacted]

Dear [Recipient's Codename],

Per directive 51-Alpha, you are hereby issued a provisional Level 4 security clearance, strictly limited to the duration of your involvement in the cases specified herein. BETA, as you are now aware, operates under the highest level of confidentiality within the jurisdiction of the United Nations Security Council's five permanent members.

Our mandate, encompassing Earth, lunar, and broader Solar System operations, entrusts us with the safeguarding of humanity's clandestine interactions with extraterrestrial entities.

The files granted for your immediate review under this clearance involve sensitive incidents:
- Case ET-11B: Abduction and species transformation to address extraterrestrial demographic crises.
- Case ET-77G: Series of Transformative Encounters involving Jeremy Weaver, a terrestrial adolescent, and a Velorian smuggler, chronicling varying outcomes of their interactions.
- Case ET-01C: BETA's inaugural interstellar colony initiative.

Your access is confined to the above-stated cases. Additional files and materials will be subject to release upon successful security vetting and need-to-know assessments. Any disclosure, unauthorized retention, or negligent handling of the information contained within these files constitutes a breach of national and planetary security.

It is imperative that you proceed with utmost discretion. Debriefing will be scheduled upon completion of your case evaluations. Until then, all communication should be considered compartmentalized and handled through secure channels only.

Welcome to the threshold of humanity's frontier.

Sincerely,

[Signature Redacted]
Director [Redacted], BETA

Classified Material Access Protocol:
1. Linguistic Precision: Proper grammar and spelling are non-negotiable. Intelligence reports riddled with errors may be mistaken for enemy code.
2. Narrative Progression: Chapters must advance the plot. Adding options without story development is akin to offering a spy camera without the film.
3. Perspective Consistency: Maintain the first-person perspective unless mission directives state otherwise. Infiltration is personal; so is your narrative.
4. Content Appropriateness: The inclusion of intimate scenes is permitted within the bounds of tasteful discretion. If it would make a seasoned spy blush, it's excessive.
IMPORTANT NOTICE and DISCLAIMER: The content in this story has been rated 13+. However, since this story is created by members, Writing.Com can not control the content within it. As with any item on Writing.Com, the content rating MAY or MAY NOT be accurate and the site makes no guarantees as to the accuracy. Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates will not be held responsible for the content within this interactive story. Posters accept all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content they've uploaded / submitted / posted on Writing.Com.
Please assume this story MAY contain graphic language, sexually explicit text, violence and/or any other displeasing topic you can or can't think up! To be certain you don't encounter textual content that may be offensive, you should leave this area and not continue on within this item.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2312190-The-BETA-Files