*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2314388-Stories-of-Stepford
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fanfiction · #2314388
From Heroines (or villainesses or civillians) to housewives

From Heroines (or villainesses or civillians) to housewives

This is an interactive story. Each chapter tells part of the story and often ends with multiple choices. Make a choice and move to the next chapter in your story. When you reach a chapter that hasn't been written yet, don't be shy... make an addition!
The creator of this Interactive Story provides this information and guidance:
Okay, if you're looking for my story the Wedding ring, I deleted it, mainly because even I have barely touched it in months. I think I otherthought it. Ultimately the idea was stepfordization, but one specific means. So I decided to replace it with a new story, I could have reworked the Wedding Ring, but it would've been a ton of work, so I just burnt it down and started again.

Okay, let's get started. What is Stepfordization? Simply put it is a woman adopting the role, look and mannerisms of a 1950s housewife. It is often a subtrope of Bimbofication.

Musts

The musts are things that are a staple of the stepford wife, and must end up in each story.

Domestification: Should be obvious, stepford wives are housewives, so if they are employed at the start of the story, they must abandon that job to become a housewife, equally she must do the cooking and cleaning, if the means of transformation include some form of brain manipulation, she may discover skills in the job that she didn't have before.

Obedience: A stepford wife is obedient, she does what her spouse says, no matter what.

Fashion: There are 2 things that make the look of a stepford wife; she only wears long flowy dresses, and she has elaborate hairstyles, the most common is the behive but flowy, wavy hair works as well. In public a stepford wife should be fairly modest, although in the privacy of her home she can be more provocative

Libido Spike: A beautiful, obedient wife is all well and good, but she should be willing to jump her spouse's bones if and when they want to

Mays

The mays are suggestions, they can be implimented but are not needed.

Intelligence decrease: As mentioned, Stefordization can take the form of bimbofication, as part of that our stepford wives can see their intelligence drop, particularly if you start with an intelligent girl like say, Alex Dunphy or Hermione Granger.

Agression decrease: Stepford wives are also not the most forceful, if you have someone like Arya Stark, Laura Kinney or Astrid Hofferson, part of her transformation will be dulling that agression;

Breast/Butt Expansion: Again, the Stepford transformation can be a bimbo one as well, the stepford wife can end up with a morew exaggerated figure than her pre stepford self.

Weight Gain: Stepford wives are traditionally supermodel skinny, but housewives are often depicted as plump, if you want case with more meat on her bones, go ahead.

Daughters: Depending on the whose and the hows, your stepford wife to be may have daughters, who may go tthrough a similar transformation, this of course depends on the story, if the phenomenon is, say a cursed dress, then her daughters will remain unchanged unless they try on the dress, but if they move to a town where women change to stepford wives, then the daughters will change, similarly a husband turning his wife into a stepford wife may make his daughters/stepdaughters follow suit. Obviously no underage sexual contnet, stepford daughters will be more modest, basically ditzy cheerleader types, destined for a stepford wife future.

Pregnancy: People get married and have kids, simple as that.

Species Change: Within a Sci-Fi or Fantasy series, with a magical/scientific transformation, it is possible that the wife will change her speicies, either to match her spouse's, or she becomes a species that her spouse has a fetish for; perhaps Hermione Granger ends up magically married to a Centaur and becomes one herself, of Sabine and Ezra are married and she finds out her new groom has a fetish for twi'leks, which she becomes. In a less fantastical one, perhaps the wife will change race.

Name Change: Downplayed, but Wives may either obtain a nickname or lose one to make their given name more formal sounding, for instance Buffy Summers may start going by Elizabeth.

Must nots

Must nots are things that will not be tolerated, under any circumstances. If I feel your chapter violates this, I will delete your chapter.

Underage: Just no, if you want to focus on a character that is canonically under 18, focus on her after canon, as a grown woman, if you want characters who die or leave before your character reaches 18, or a setting she leaves before then, just go AU, these aren't canon anyway. Whatever, just don't sexualize kids okay.

Male TF: It's just not my thing, no TG or anything of the sort.

Toilet stuff: C'mon that's just gross

Violence, death and gore

Infidelity: Stepford wives are loyal, and when you have a sexy, obedient wife, why would you need to stay.

Types of causes

Okay, how do we go about this transformation? It can be split into three types. Here are a few examples of each

Scientific: Nanotech, drugs (maybe given by the husband, maybe it's in the water system, affecting an entire neighborhood), hypnotism, these asre a few ideas for sciency means.

Magic: The wedding ring originally suggested a cursed ring, maybe it's that, as I mentioned above, perhaps your wife to be buys a cursed dress, or other cursed colthing, maybe the woman herself, or the bloodline of her or her spouse are cursed, maybe a geine wish, or a potion, perhaps the town is cursed, affecting all the women in the town or so on

Natural: Maybe it's as simple as a woman decideds to become a traditional housewife, some women do still like that, perhaps, having lost her job she and her spouse move to a new neighborhood filled with women like that, and peer pressure gradually forces her into that role, maybe her husband manipulates her into it.

Types of relationships to consider

Beyond hetrosexual couples, there are other relationships within which the stepfordization could be different.

Lesbians: WIthin a lesbian relationship, it depends on the nature of the transformation, it could just be one of the pair who becomes stepfordized, with the other wife occupying the role of spouse (which is why I used that term for this document) or if it is a more area of effect cause, they both will, possibly leading to them seeking out a husband to take charge, leading to...

Polycule: A relationship with 3 or more members, for instance a guy with two wives, if it affects the entire marriage/household/neighboorhood it'll definately be both/all the wives affected, if it is a more specific method of transformation, it could be that one wife is stepfordized, while the other remains normal, this likely means the husband isn't to blame (why only change one wife and risk being found out by the other) but the other wife could be responsible, meaning karma could bite her on the but if the method ends up turned back on her.

Single: women not in a relationship will likely find herself seeking out a spouse.

Sources of Transformation

It is worth considering where the transformation is sourced from for scientific/magical causes.

Spouse: The most obvious is that the spouse is responsible, transforming their wife into a stepford wife. Assuming it is deliberate and not an accident this will likely play the spouse as somewhat of a sinister figure, particularly if the start of the transformation and the start of the relationship occur close togeather, or worse with the former significantly before the latter.

Self: As mentioned above, there are women who do like this kind of lifestyle, it is possible that she has simply searched for a way to give herself completely to this lifestyle, but is the spouse aware, or will they be trying to figure out what is happening to the woman they love, unaware that she did it to herself.

In the event that the method isn't specific and targeted, a self transformation within a lesbian or polycule relationship, it could also serve as a Spouse induced version, though if the first woman realises her wife/wives or not will deicde if she is a selfish character stealing the future of the woman/women she is meant to love, or an innocent fool who has made a tragic mistake.

Outsider: Someone external to the relationship could be the cause, whether through deliberately cursing the bride/brides (perhaps to punish her, perhaps to punish the spouse, or even as a warped 'gift' for them), being responsible for a cursed item or some other ouside influence.

Community: Perhaps, instead of the transformation being about the couple/polycule, they have just moved to a community under the influence of a curse or conspiracy that turns the women within the community into stepford wives.

?: Make it a mystery that could be any of the 4 above.

Okay, let's get the template in.

Title:
Main Cast:
Transformation Type:
Transformation Source:
Cite:
Description:
IMPORTANT NOTICE and DISCLAIMER: The content in this story has been rated 18+. However, since this story is created by members, Writing.Com can not control the content within it. As with any item on Writing.Com, the content rating MAY or MAY NOT be accurate and the site makes no guarantees as to the accuracy. Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates will not be held responsible for the content within this interactive story. Posters accept all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content they've uploaded / submitted / posted on Writing.Com.
Please assume this story MAY contain graphic language, sexually explicit text, violence and/or any other displeasing topic you can or can't think up! To be certain you don't encounter textual content that may be offensive, you should leave this area and not continue on within this item.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2314388-Stories-of-Stepford