*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Inside the gates
  2. An introduction
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/295669-Following-Destiny/cid/151885-Inside-the-gates
by Andrea
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #295669
A traditional fantasy story set in a land on the brink of war
This choice: The girl is admitted to the city  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Inside the gates

    by: Andrea
"Identification?"

The girl walked over to near the gate and placed into a hole in the wall her small identification card. Within a matter of seconds the card had been read and approved, so the guards stood aside to let the girl pass through into the city.

Making a small whistle like noise the girl walked towards the gates, and her animal, previously still, followed unled through the gates. There was total obedience from the faelan to its master.

Getting through the city gates is not the same thing as being in the heart of the city. Indeed the several gates to a city are purposefully set at least an hour on foot beyond the city centre, so that even if the gates are breached there is still quite a distance to be covered. A decision had to be made on what direction to head, as strangers wandering round aimlessly were still under suspicion.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Andrea (UN: astephenson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Andrea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/295669-Following-Destiny/cid/151885-Inside-the-gates