*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Take your seats...
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/707969-Shrunken-in-an-Exam/cid/362301-Take-your-seats
by Doom
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #707969
Everyone hates exams. But yours is livened up when you suddenly shrink...
Chapter #1

Take your seats...

    by: Doom
Great. Another exam. Another exercise in futility, where your own ignorance is proven to you, showing you just how futile all of that revision had been last night. Why do you even bother?

You begin filing slowly into the examination hall with your fellow victims, noting the stern looks on the face of the invigilators scattered around by the few windows. Despondently, you dump your bag along with the others in the untidy heap beside the entrance, remembering just in time to put your mobile 'phone inside it.

You look around blearily, wondering where your designated seat is, while everyone else seems to know exactly where they are stationed.

Typical.

As you begin to wander, your thoughts drift. It's a perfect summer day outside, and all of the other university students who've finished their exams will be enjoying it, basking in the sunlight and having fun.

You've got another few hours before you can do the same, and even when you're done you won't be comforted. Your girlfriend is visiting her parents at the moment, and you'll be all alone.

But still, all alone in the summer sun is still preferable to this stinking exam hall.

Finally, by luck rather than judgement, you find your place. A weighty looking paper is waiting for you, and you take a deep breath.

Pause.

What just happened? This isn't the exam hall. There are all these incredibly high pillars, and the ground is rumbling in time with the sound of distant thunder.

Waitaminute.

This IS the exam hall, only now it's a lot bigger. Those rumblings are the footsteps of your fellow university students, and the pillars are the legs of the tables and chairs.

You have no idea how it happened, but somehow you've been shrunk, just like in one of those strange GTS stories that you've read on the web. You're an inch high, and surrounded by people who are very stressed indeed.

What do you do now?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Doom (UN: doom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Doom has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/707969-Shrunken-in-an-Exam/cid/362301-Take-your-seats