*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Beaten By The Storm
  2. Trevor: the decision pt 1
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/873408-Become-Your-Character/cid/210199-Beaten-By-The-Storm
Rated: ASR · Interactive · Community · #873408
A story for your characters to mingle with others.
This choice: Add your character out in the storm  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Beaten By The Storm

    by: cabinack
Mike Malone, tired and angry, watched Trevor from the safety of a fallen tree. The wind whipped hair into his eyes and rain fell from his red goatee. He shivered uncontrollably in the chill and pulled his drenched denim jacket tighter around him.

"What is he doing?" he asked out loud. There was no one there to answer. The wind took his words and crushed them in it's force before they could be heard by Trevor, only ten feet away.

"If he thinks he can burst into the lodge and drag my sister out by the hair, he's got another thing comming."

His right hand gripped a rock. His left hand gripped a tire iron. He fumbled with the rock. "But then again," he said to the wind, "I can't just kill the guy. Jeez I can't even kill an ant. What the heck am I doing? What was I thinking? This is nuts!"

Slowly, cautiously, Mike stood up. His six foot body was immediately pelted and soaked worse by the wind and rain. In Cambodia, where he was a medic in the war, this would have been a spring shower but here in the Colarado mountains it was a monsoon.

He was facing Trevor's back and just like Trevor, he too was staring at the rustic lodge. The lights shone from the windows, a warm yellow glow, and smoke drifted from the chimney, instantly disipating in the strong wind. They were there for sure. Inside, he knew all too well, would be his sister doing what she did best. Screwing up her life.

"This is the last time kid." he said, not caring if Trevor heard. "This is the last rescue."

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Voxxylady has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/873408-Become-Your-Character/cid/210199-Beaten-By-The-Storm