*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/897925-Rika--Renamons-Expansive-Adventure/cid/477887-Yamaki--wanting-to-show-off-a-Digimon-enhancer
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fanfiction · #897925
Rika & Renamon have a really weird day. You decide how weird.
This choice: Yamaki calls, wanting to show off a new Digimon-enhancing gizmo...  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Yamaki wanting to show off a Digimon-enhancer

    by: Unknown
The three returned to the house, Rumiko still beaming from how well the photo shoot had gone, minus the actions of the top heavy bimbo. Mindlessly Rumiko floated to her bedroom, having to prepare for her own photo shoot which would be happening on the other side of town. While Mukino was gone to her room, Rika began rummaging for a glass to get some water while Renamon strolled by the telephone, her eyes noticing the red message light was blinking.

"You have one unheard message" The machine chimed after Renamon had pressed the play button. "First, unheard message, recorded today at 11:34 A.M."

"Rika, this is Yamachi. I have something I would like to show you and Renamon. If you could stop by later today it would be great. Also, keep this to yourself. For the time being I feel it would be in everyone's best interest if we kept the other tamers in the dark."

"I wonder what he wants?" Rika asked, coming around the corner with a glass of water in one hand.

"I don't know, but it's a little strange when he asks us to not tell the others."

"Well, we haven't got anything better to do this afternoon. Mom's going to her photo shoot and grandma's gone to America to visit her sister."

Renamon nodded her head in agreement, letting Rika finish her glass of water. With a quick shout at Mukino informing the glamorous model what was happening Rika stepped out of the house, peddling her bike down the street as Renamon followed in the shadows. Rika would have given anything for a car of her own, but when her mother didn't even own her own card it was hard for Rika to bargain to get one, even if it was just some general junk pile. Still, Rika eventually made it to the reconstruct Hypnos, taking her usual route from the foyer to the research labs with Renamon appearing at her side.

Yamachi still dressed as he did before the D-Reaper incident, his black sunglasses adding to his appearance as the head of the secret government organization Hypnos. Still, as Rika and Renamon stepped inside the main research lab Yamachi smiled, turning to face the tamer and digital vixen as they walked across the room.

"I'm glad you go my message. Where were you this morning?"

"A photo shoot." Rika answered flatly, here eyes drawn to a small piece of fabric that was laid out across one of the tables in the room.

"A photo shoot.." Yamachi echoed, a little surprised. Still, Yamachi quickly regained his composure, coughing once before his amber eyes lock on Rika from behind his sunglasses. "Still, getting straight to the point. The reason I called you here is our researchers and the monster makers have just come up with a new invention. You see, since digimon have begun bio-emerging into this world again, we have been fearing that a creature as strong as or stronger as the D-Reaper may attack the world again. In this fear, we began doing research into the different ways we could possibly enhance the strength of Renamon and the other digimon."

"But I can already increase Renamon's strength, using my digivice."


Yamachi nodded, shifting his weight over to one foot, "Yes, in the past your and the other tamers' digivices were the best tool in helping your digimon win a fight. This is actually where our research began, studying how the digivice was able to manipulate a digimon's data. It is from that research and many hours of hard work that we were able to create this."

With those final words Yamachi's hand moved over to the cloth covered table, where his hand to a firm hold of the sheet and carefully lifted it away. Hidden beneath the fabric had been a laptop computer and five small, round, plastic disks with long metal antennas. Yamachi gently picked up one of the disks, holding it in his hand. "This is what we've called the a Modify-Probe."

"And what exactly can that thing do?" Renamon asked, looking at the device suspiciously.

"Let me ask you a question first, Renamon." With that Yamachi snapped his fingers and, a few feet away, a light clicked on. Beneath the glow of the low hanging lamp was an old truck, its back filled to the brim with what looked like lead bricks. "Can you lift that truck."

Renamon blinked a few times, turning as she slowly moved over to the truck. Renamon set her arms on the edge of the truck, and struggled for a moment before quickly giving up. "I doubt even WarGrowlmon could pick that up."

"I know he can't," Yamachi answered, walking over beside Renamon, "He tried the other day. That truck, with the load of lead bricks in its bed, weighs well over ten tons. Now, if you could, put this somewhere on your body." With that Yamachi held out the plastic disk that he had called the Modify-Probe. Renamon glanced wearily down at the device, but a boost of confidence from Rika got the digital vixen to pick up the probe and set it on her shoulder.

Yamachi nodded, walking back over beside Rika and to the laptop that was set up beside the other four probes. As he began to type on the laptop's keyboard Yamachi continued his explanation, the computer screen reflecting off his sun glasses. "Now, after studying the digivices we found that with this probe we can replicate a digivices ability to modify a digimon's code. First, the probe integrates itself into the target's code."

At that Yamachi pressed a single button on the keyboard, and Renamon felt a small pain in her shoulder. The digital probe looked as if it was melting, the black plastic and metal antenna turning into goo before seeping into Renamon's skin. "Do not worry" Yamachi continued, his fingers flying over the keyboard, "The probe is not a permanent addition. This laptop keeps a constant communication with the probe, and at my command the probe will separate itself from Renamon and reappear on her shoulder. Now, since the probe has integrated itself into Renamon's data, it now can do any action your digivice was able to perform. It's one great advantage, however, is the fact that you are not limited to a card game."

"Renamon," Yamach said, looking up from the screen, "If you could try lifting the truck again." Renamon nodded, turning back to the red truck and taking a firm hold. Her muscles began to strain, but before her biceps had even tensed to full strength Renamon felt the truck budge, and soon she was holding the ten tons worth of metal and lead above her head as if it was a light pillow.

Rika gawked, her eyes widening. Yamachi smiled, seeing the look of surprise that had formed on both Rika and Renamon's face. "As you can see, its a very powerful system. Right now the enhancement system is pretty basic. We had the Juggernaut compile a huge list of different features you can change on any given digimon. Each attribute is given a value, and by increasing the value you can increase a digimon's strength, speed, or anything else. Also, on some of the attributes its not a value but a simple true or false. Such as, Renamon's ability to walk through walls is something that, for her, the computer would label as true."

"So, why are you showing this to use and not the other tamers?" Rika asked, starting to recover from the shock of seeing Renamon lift a fully loaded truck above her head.

"Simply put, this program is in its beta form. We have to work out all the bugs before we can start designing a simpler user interface for it. Also, as of right now the program has no restriction built into its design. If I wanted, I could keep increasing Renamon's strength to the point she could move the entire planet by swishing her tail. Takato would get to wild, doing so much to Guilmon we may never have been able to get him back to normal. Henry is to conservative, he wouldn't do enough to really put the program through its paces. You two, however, will take risks but have enough common sense to know when its time to stop."

Yamachi gently shut the laptop's lid, lifting up the four remaining Modify-Probes and placing them and the laptop into a single, leather pack. "Now, here is what I want you two to do. Take this with you and begin experimenting with it. Use it however you want, but make sure you keep track of any bugs in the software you discover and anything that you think could be improved upon."

Yammchi held the leather pouch out to Rika, who gently took it and slung it over her shoulder. After a few final comments Yamachi said goodbye to Rika and Renamon, the pair walking towards the door when Yamachi turned and shouted, "Oh, I almost forgot. There is a save function built into the program. To be on the safe side I suggest you save Renamon's current state to the laptop's memory, encase we need to revert her back to her normal form."

Rika nodded, waving a quick good bye to Yamachi before she and Renamon stepped out of the room and went to the elevator. After stepping inside and watching the elevator doors shut Rika pressed the button for the bottom floor. As the elevator began to move Rika's eyes drifted down to the leather bag, a smile spreading on her face. Renamon did not have to ask Rika what she was smiling about, their mental link allowing Renamon to know exactly what her tamer had planned.

Without a single word between them Rika and Renamon stepped out of hypnos, turning as they began to head...

You have the following choices:

1. Head back to the house

*Noteb*
2. For Shinjuku Park

3. To find one of the other Tamers

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
FFtheSnake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/897925-Rika--Renamons-Expansive-Adventure/cid/477887-Yamaki--wanting-to-show-off-a-Digimon-enhancer