*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Teeny Tiny Teen
  2. Testing the Formula
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/933025-Shrinking-Matt/cid/235456-Teeny-Tiny-Teen
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #933025
Matt invents a shrinking formula. Unfortunately, the antidote doesn't work. Uh-oh!
This choice: Matt shrinks to eighth of an inch tall  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Teeny Tiny Teen

    by: Caprino
Matt felt very strange as he opened his eyes. He felt a heavy weight pressing down on him and found himself in darkness.

He could not stand up in his cramped confines, so he crawled forward toward a thin sliver of light.

He reached the opening. Stepping into the light, he found himself without any clothes. “What’s going on?”

He took a look around the lab. Were his eyes tricking him? He looked like he had been transported to some weird alien city. Towering structures surrounded him. “Wait!” He rubbed his eyes. “Those aren’t buildings.”

The formula! It must have worked. He had shrunk!

Why, then, did everything look so unreal? He had trouble focusing his vision on the enormous laboratory. His computer, distant on a mountainous desktop, loomed at the edge of his horizon. Shelves and counters looked like natural features of some majestic landscape.

“Oh crap!” Matt exclaimed. “How small am I?”

He turned and saw a pile of clothing on the floor. His jeans looked like a range of rolling blue denim hills. He realized that he had crawled from beneath the sleeve of his own shirt to find himself lost in this strange gigantic world.

“Everything looks so big!” Matt looked down at the hardwood floor. The cracks between floorboards looked as wide as he was tall.

“I’m not even an inch tall!” Matt exclaimed. Without a more reliable way to determine his height, he estimated he must be about an eighth of an inch tall.

“I’m no more than a speck!” Matt said aloud. His colossal surroundings swallowed up his tiny voice.

No earlier tests had indicated such a dramatic shrinkage.

But, he had proven that his formula worked.

Now all he wanted was the antidote.

“Oh no!” His voice carried a hint of panic. He titled his head back and gazed toward the distant jar with the pale blue liquid, the antidote to his shrinking formula. The jar far, far out of reach on surface of the skycraper-sized table.

Matt felt goosebumps rise on his bare skin. “Oh crap! I’ll never be able to get to it now.”

Scaling the table quickly became the least of his worries when he heard a deafening crash.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Caprino (UN: caprino at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Caprino has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/933025-Shrinking-Matt/cid/235456-Teeny-Tiny-Teen