*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1000834-Mirror-Image
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Fantasy · #1000834
Is it a power one holds to see the "inside" of oneself?
Mirror Image.....


Morning had passed and breakfast was over. I had been walking around in my night gown with my wet hair dripping upon my shoulders, causing water marks to appear on my gown. The children were gone now. Off to school for the day. Time to breathe, time to rest, and time to find ones self.

I caught a glimpse of my image as I passed the hall mirror. My flowing blonde strands, curling at the ends seemed to dance like fireflies in the night. A smile graced my lips. No make up, no flaws....Except for the scars on my face from hardship long passed. I rubbed my hand across my face. Soft. Closing my eyes and feeling the power of that hand. The energy from which it contained.

To my mother, "Glamoury" was an internal evil. To make others see what you want them to see. An inferno burning inside the spirit and soul just dying to get out. She would always say, "Live with what was given to you and just be happy." But I knew I couldn't. I had lived with hell for seven years. Torture and mental abuse. And everyday, I'd find something wrong with myself. Glamoury was my only escape from reality. I abused that power, and knew how to make it work wonders. My own "youth in a bottle".

I took my hand from my face and peered directly into my own eyes. They began to change. First dark and then light. A greenish tint became of them. I noticed my hair shrinking above my shoulders, then above my ears, then next to nothing on my head. My lips became fuller. My smile became more predominant. Facial hair began to grow. I was becoming more manly.

I looked closer at my image. I realized that I was staring into the face of my mirror image. My soul mate, my twin flame. It was then that I knew that he had been inside me all along. Right there through every step and every god forsaken hell that I had been through. He had held my hand throughout my life, being there every time I needed him. Holding my hand through everything. My guardian Angel lives inside me..........
© Copyright 2005 InnocentAngel is Happy (innocentangel7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1000834-Mirror-Image