*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1002300-A-Writers-Resurrection
Rated: E · Monologue · Adult · #1002300
Rebirth of prose by 'out of the box' thinking
Dear Reader,

A very warm hello to you - you are either exceptionally kind to have sought this letter or there is some divine karma that connects us and brings you to this page !!

Irrespective - you deserve a big 'Thank you' for being here.

Last night I was rummaging through an old box. I call it my 'I wonder why - BOX ". It is an ordinary cardboard receptacle, filled to its brim with mostly useless and forgotten scraps of paper - that seemed extremely significant at the time when I shoved it into the carton.

Some days (like yesterday) I grope through the various memos and assorted literature - pick out a length of foolscap and ask rhetorically - I wonder why I wrote this ? I wonder why I read this ? I wonder why I kept a copy of my dentist's bill of 1992. I have no answers. Some people collect coins - I seem to attract paper.

It has its moments though. I smile often when I read my girlfriends' cards (slightly faded now). Or frown on the tone of a long forgotten memo I wrote to my suffering subordinates.

Somewhere in the middle of the stash - I discovered my old scrapbook. To the uninitiated - this used to be de-rigueur for the students in my Grad school - a way to beat the solitude by cramming a book with prose, ideas or innovative insults to many - all in long scrawls. I flipped through it desultorily at first. However I was soon hooked - did I really write all this ? Some of the stuff was exceedingly barbaric - but the rest was significantly pristine. I wondered why I had stopped scribbling - I guess life and success take a lot out of us.

Well, I have decided to have a go at writing once again. A testament to the extent of rust I have gathered is this note – it has taken me the better part of an hour to conclude. Hopefully I shall get better with practice, your patient reading and honest critique.

Cheers,

Erudite
© Copyright 2005 erudite (erudite at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1002300-A-Writers-Resurrection