*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1005273-Heart-of-the-Street
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Essay · Biographical · #1005273
Realization of one's surrondings. Still a work in progress all input is appreciated.

For awhile I was angry, and for the longest time I didn’t understand why, I only knew, I was angry. Yet as I got older I looked around, and I started to put two and two together and I realized I was angry because a roach had just crawled across my bread, making my hard earned peanut butter & jelly sandwich now, inedible. I was mad because the 'freakin' cable was cut off again and I couldn’t even watch TV. I was pissed because there was nothing in the refrigerator, and then, I realized I was angry at my situation, and my situation was poverty.
I wondered why every neighborhood we moved to turned to the ghetto, then it hit me, I am the ghetto. I am the incarnation of the streets a product of my environment, yet and still, due to Christ inside me I represent everything that is good from the ghetto. I represent the responsibility of the hood, simply because my mother or father never left me. I represent the determination of the streets, we left the projects for the ghetto, and the ghetto for another ghetto, and we ran and we ran until we could sleep without listening to gunshots through the window, for now anyway. I represent the will to survive simply because I’m here.
I am the light that shines through the crack in the pavement. Like Pac, was the rose that grew from concrete, he and I are one in the same. I’ve watched the hood destroy people, swallow them whole and refuse to let go, people that I love, and I realize… I am there only hope. I owe it to them to be nothing but the best. I MUST BE A KING, because the hood choose me, the lord choose me, I could be just as dead, just as trapped as anyone I know but instead I have a chance, a chance to be more than a man, a chance to be a champion.
My father could have abandoned me while I was still in the womb, my mother could have killed me before anyone knew of my existence, but what they could have done they didn’t. They gave up there lives, took the time, and molded me into what I am today, and that’s why I’m unstoppable. I’ve already beaten the odds, why not break the limits. So many times when I could have died I didn’t, so many times when the odds were against me I won. I’m warrior, and my warrior spirit won’t allow me to die. Looking back I don’t regret anything that has happened to me, because it made me what I am. It allowed me to see my destiny, and my destiny is to be the best, to be a champion, my destiny is to be KING.$
© Copyright 2005 Nate Ransom (nateransom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1005273-Heart-of-the-Street