*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1005456-Chapter-2-CarlOwl-Meets-Sarah
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Children's · #1005456
CarlOwl meets Sarah Chapter 2
CarlOwl Meets Sarah

Chapter 2



Tap! Tap! Tap! Sarah poked CarOwl. “Excuse me but you’re in my tree! Hello? Is anyone listening?” CarlOwl slowly opened his large round eyes and turned is head to see a small grey squirrel with her arms crossed and patting her foot impatiently on the large oak imb. “Huh? What? Oh, excuse me. I didn’t hear you.” said CarlOwl. “I said, YOU ARE IN MY TREE!” exclaimed Sarah. “I’m sorry. I stopped here only long enough to rest from a long trip. I’ll be on my way now”, said CarlOwl. Sarah’s foot was still tapping the limb quickly, not saying a word but looking very upset.

CarlOwl readied himself for takeoff, his large wings beginning to flap faster and faster and faster then slower and slower and slower until his wings stopped. He looked at Sarah with a sad, slow, soft voice “I don’t have anywhere to go.” “What?” shouted Sarah.

CarlOwl tells Sarah about his frightful experience with the beasts of the forest and how
his parents fought bravely to protect him but did not make it out. Sarah sat stunned, a tear
rolling down her little grey chubby cheek but she quickly wiped it away before CarOwl could see her. “Ok, well… you seem harmless enough. You can stay long enough for us to figure out a place for you to go.” By the way, my name is Sarah.” “You mean you will help me?” CarlOwl asked excitedly, hugging Sarah with his long beautiful brown wings, covering her entire body. A muffled sound came from beneath the feathered wings… ”OK, let me out of here, all ready!” CarlOwl folded his wings near his side and settled down a little after the happy moment. “My name is CarlOwl. I am so glad to meet you, Sarah.”

“Where am I? asked CarlOwl.” Sarah smiled and said, “CarlOwl, you are in my home, a place we call, The Oaks.” “It certainly is a beautiful place, Sarah.” “I like to think so, it has all the comforts that make it a home. Acorns, acorns, and more acorns! ” laughed Sarah, as she rubbed her little furry tummy. “Where do you…er…ahhhh…where did you live, CarlOwl?” CarlOwl thought for a moment then answered, “A good question. I wish I could tell you. I’ve never been away from home before and when I did leave, it was in such a hurry and I wasn’t paying attention to the direction I came from.” “We will have to find out. Everyone should know where they came from.” said Sarah. “I would love to go back but I don’t think it’s safe to go there, Sarah. I told you about the creatures!” “They will probably be gone before we can find our way there. Don’t worry CarlOwl. We are going to watch out for each other. We’ll be just fine. You’ll see!” We’ll leave first thing in the morning.”
© Copyright 2005 askeral (askeral at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1005456-Chapter-2-CarlOwl-Meets-Sarah