*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1010667-Next-Stop-Hollywood
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1010667
Looking for "filmable" short stories
Next Stop Hollywood seeks stories that have potential as film or television projects. We have a book contract with St. Martins (for 2006 release) of a book entitled “Next Stop Hollywood: 15 Short Stories That Ought to be Movies.”

We are also seeking reader reviewers who think they know whether – and when – a short story has the potential to become a good movie or tv project

Our Editorial Advisory Board includes Academy Award and Emmy Award winning actors, directors, and producers. We also have a group of folks who like movies and stories, and want to help choose the next Hollywood hit. If you would like to participate, please see our web site at www.NextStopHollywood.org.

Our website -- www.NextStopHollywood.org -- explains in detail what we are doing, why, and who we are. But here is the abridged version:

WHY -- For years, short stories were a major source of critically acclaimed and successful movies. Most were first published in "popular" (as opposed to literary) magazines: Colliers, Saturday Evening Post, Mademoiselle. The magazines are gone but many writers are still writing stories that have movie potential.

Producers are interested, but we have to find them.

WHAT - Our selection process is two-tiered: First, we ask people who like movies to assess the stories for their film potential. (We use a simple and pretty nifty evaluation form.) Second, we have an editorial board of movie industry insiders. The 15 stories we think have the most potential -- and they may not be the "best" stories -- will be acquired for publication and optioned.

WHO - My partner and I have been in the television and publishing worlds for 20 years, as producers, publishers, and writers. (I have written five books, including three bestsellers and numerous articles including some award-winners.)

If you are interested in either submitting a story or in evaluating them, we want to hear from you. You can contact us through our website: www.NextStopHollywood.org
© Copyright 2005 stevecbald (stevecbald at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1010667-Next-Stop-Hollywood