*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1013512-First-year-art-college-student-Scream
Rated: 13+ · Article · Arts · #1013512
The first two weeks of art college. First college articles
Being a girl who has always gotten straight A's in everything, I decided to follow my heart to school. So I went to an art college. I'm thinking that hey I am a good artist so it won't be as hard for me to succeed here too. Coming from a school with little to nothing of an art program, I was in for suprise. This story follows me from last week to this week of classes. It is pretty funny now, but during the time I was overwhelm.
Orignally, I am from Alabama, and we start school in August. So to go to a school that started after Labor Day, I was estatic. I get to Georgia and love it. I don't want to leave. The palm trees and the river was gorgous. Until registration came,I was left in a city six and half miles away from home by myself. To make matters worst, I live in an apartment off campus that is about fifteen miles away. Not having a car, I have to ride the bus for forty-five minutes to get to school.
On the first day, I meet very few people and was forced to be alone in walking the long roads(the campus is spaced out all over the place).
As if that isn't messed up enough, I had to move into my apartment unfinished with a can of bug spray(due to product place and copyrights, I will not drop any names,but I love to use Raid).
The first class was cool. We introduced ourselves and talked about the class for two hours and a half. The same went on for all my classes that week. Week two rolls in. I am bitten up by bugs. Even though this school is like the Harvard of Art schools, and I have two scholarships(one for portfolio)everyone has so much more training. I don't how much your professors tell you that it is not required for you to have taken any art lessons, when you look at the next Degas(famous French Impressionist-19th Century) to your left and the next Goya (Spainish artist-19th Century), you don't exactly buy that. My professor claims that I was overreacting and that my work was fine. Keep in mind,if you want to get great at something you would compare you work to a five year old, would you? No, you aim to be like future Degas and future Goya. Next day, I'm in morning class after yesterday evening's class. I think that my work is good. I have a good feeling about it. What happens when I enter into room? Everything the professors tell us not to do,my peers do and big suprise, they're work is amazing. After being lost, I went to tutoring today, because the final draft of the project is due Tuesday. I can't afford to fail.
Here we are now, the beginning of week three. With two projects and an essay due this upcoming week, I don't exactly feel like the college students on tv do. I am tired, supplies are expensive,and uggh. You get use to wearing heans and pigtails to class. I still don't see how girls wear heals to class. Once I get you to the over crowded bus and extra help, I think I will like it. I hear that it takes a semester to get the full effect. Join for my next article about dieting for a college freshman.
© Copyright 2005 Jessilyn (angel_star04 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1013512-First-year-art-college-student-Scream