*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1017331-Heart-on-the-Wrong-Way
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1017331
the hearts of young lovers was placed on the wrong place
"Yes sir, may I help you?" This is the sweet question that Elizabeth asked to one of their customers. Elizabeth works in a laundry shop.

Elizabeth's undeniable beauty captures the eyes of many customers who are still looking for a girlfriend. Of all of her numerous suitors, Brandon was the lucky one to bring her to dinner in a fancy restaurant.

Elizabeth and Brandon have been friends for only a month, but Brandon thinks he is "in love at first sight".

"Remember this Elizabeth: you can't have a boyfriend until you reach the age of 18", her family would always tell her. She would just laugh at them, for she also don't want to have a boyfriend in the age of 17.

"Elizabeth, can you go with me at the movies?" Brandon said while he was turning in some dirty clothes for laundry. He always brings his clothes there since Elizabeth worked there.

"Sure Brandon. I just have to ask my mom first."

Hearing their conversation, Terry, Elizabeth's mom, just nodded. She don't care whoever invites her daughter, but she makes sure that the things they are doing are safe.

This kind of routine continued for a month. But the courtship strengthened when they went to Florida. Brandon came along with Elizabeth's family.

During their trip to Florida, Brandon was very eager to help especially when it involves Elizabeth.

"You know Liz, I think Brandon likes you. Not that I'm violating your privacy, but I just wanna warn you that if you don't like him, limit the times when you go with him. They think that going out with the person they like is dating", adviced her sister Sophia. Sophia was just 14, but because of her environment in school, she was able to know those things.

"Oh common Sophia. I'm just going out with him for fun. You know how boring it is at the house", Elizabeth would say. Sophia would just answer with,"I'm just concerned with you and Brandon's feelings."

Another month passed. Everytime they meet each other they get sweeter. But still young Elizabeth doesn't see the hint. She still goes out with Brandon for fun.

But things changed. Brandon wasn't able to hold and hide his feelings anymore.

"Elizabeth, I need to tell you something. Can we talk in private?"

"Sure Brandon. What is it?"

"Elizabeth, see, I've been uhhmm.. dating you for two months now..."

Brandon felt nervous. He felt like he wanted shrink and escape Elizabeth's eyes.

"What's your point Brandon?"

"Uhmm.. I like you Elizabeth.."

At last, Brandon thought. He now released the feeling he had been hiding for two months.

"What? Are you kidding me? We're not dating! I'm jsut going out with you because I want some fun. And to tell you this, I don't like you Brandon."

Brandon was shocked. He can't believe what just Elizabeth told her. He can't believe that Elizabeth used him for her own good!

"Elizabeth! I thought you like me too? You always go out with me everytime I ask you to. You are so cruel! You just played with my feelings! You don't know how to consider other people's feelings!" And after saying this, Brandon left.

Elizabeth stood there, dumbfounded. She didn't expect that Brandon would treat it as dating. She can't believe that Brandon would accept it painfully.

"I told you not to go out with him so often. But you didn't listen to me. You know sometimes it's better to listen to younger people's advice. The world's changing now, and older people don't know how to cope up with it", said her sister.

Elizabeth was shocked. She should have listened to Sophia. But why was she feeling this way? No, she don't like Brandon. But she was also hurt. But she don't know why. She wouldn't accept to herself that she also learned to like Brandon.

Every night in her sleep Elizabeth would cry. She remembered the days when she and Brandon were very happy playing paintballs. But still she wouldn't accept to herself that she liked Brandon too.

"Hey Elizabeth. One question, one answer. DO YOU LIKE BRANDON?" asked Sophia.

At first, Elizabeth tried not to answer. But someone inside herself kept on telling her that she must answer.

"Elizabeth!"

"Yes Sophia. I like Brandon too. Now tell me what should I do to get Brandon back."

Sophia smiled. She expected this kind of answer. So without any hesitation she explained the way how to get Brandon back.

"Okay. Try to serve him when he turns in some clothes or getting them. Then try to invite him for a dinner or just a short talk after work."

"And then what should I do?"

"When you have him, tell him that you're sorry for acting like that when he told you that he likes you. Tell him that you were just shocked and that you didn't really mean to say it."

Elizabeth was delighted.

"Then tell him this: 'I like you too Brandon, and I owe you an apology for acting like that.'"

So the next day Elizabeth looked at every guy who approached the counter. After hours of waiting, Brandon came at last.

At first, Brandon was hesitant to let Elizabeth serve him. But he saw that all of the other employees were busy, so he decided to accept it.

"Yes sir, may I help you?"

"Yes, I want my clothes back. Here's the receipt."

As Brandon dug his pockets for the receipt, Elizabeth decided to use this moment to propose to Brandon a private talk after working hours. But as Elizabeth opened her mouth, Brandon's phone suddenly rang.

She seldomly saw Brandon talking in his cellphone, unless it is really important. But the greeting shook Elizabeth out of her wits.

"Hey Janet! How's my girlfriend doing? Huh? Dinner? Tonight? Okay, no problem. Where? At Applebee's? Sure, I'll be at your house nine o' clock sharp."

Elizabeth jaw dropped. It took her a couple of minutes before she realized that Brandon was already waving the receipt in front of her face impatiently.

"So, are you going to give me back my clothes?"

"I'm... I'm sorry... I was thinking of other things when you were deep in conversation in your phone."

Elizabeth thought of nothing the whole day but the conversation she heard. She looked like a rotten vegetable when she got home.

"So what happened? Tell me every single detail!"

"Sophia, this is useless. Maybe it's really my fault to drive Brandon away. Maybe he's not the one destined for me."

"Elizabeth, don't tell me..."

"Sophia, he had a girlfriend now."

"Well, if that's what happened, we can't do anything about that."
© Copyright 2005 Resshin (mizeriz07 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1017331-Heart-on-the-Wrong-Way