*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1118329-This-is-Me
Rated: E · Essay · Biographical · #1118329
Sometimes it takes somebody to help you know yourself
I haven't seen all walks of life yet, but I sure can do it. I was once a poor innocent girl, who became a poor thief, became a rich girl, became a middle class girl, and the list goes on. I suffered every difficulties you could think, and received every possible torture one can get as a young girl. I almost lost my life, and I was almost lost in the middle of a city where only rich people knew that the place existed.

But I still don't know who I am. I have tried every aspect of thinking just to know who I really am. I even resorted to claiming my own life because of desperation.

I have learned one thing on my quest for my true self. Learn from your mistakes. I thought I would know myself by letting my own family discriminate me, or from letting their words destroy me mentally. But those things did not work at all.

I never imagined that only a boy who is a year older than me would show me my true self. I always hid myself under different personalities, believing that maybe one of those personalities would be the one to tell me that it is me. But he magically made me show my true self.

This boy made me realize that mistakes are not failure; they are lessons that one must learn in order to go on. He made me do everything according to my free will, not because I was forced to do it. He showed to me how he got his success, and he demonstrated to me how I lured myself to failure.

I took all those things for granted. I had let the time fly by, and that was wrong. I realized what he taught me when I lost him. I was left at my place alone and suffering, while he was on his own having fun. That was his reward for his success, and that was what I got from my mistake.

At first I was wondering why would someone like him bother teaching me all those lessons even if he knew that I was not absorbing them. But later on I discovered the reason why: he did it all for love. He loved me so much that he ignored all my imperfections and continued on making me the right one. I saw that reason when I barely had time to let him know what I feel. I thought it was too late, but I learned a lot from it.

Now I know who I am. Now I know that I can be as successful as I can be when I want to. Now I know that being successful in life does not mean that you accomplished all your jobs, but because you had put so much effort on it that it paid off. Thanks to him, I know what I will do in life.
© Copyright 2006 Resshin (mizeriz07 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1118329-This-is-Me