*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1017851-The-Gift
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Thriller/Suspense · #1017851
Jims parents want to bring him home a gift, but what is it?
Jim was upset, because his parents were going to mexico without him, so they promised to bring him a gift. While Jim stayed with his grandmother, his parents were having a great time in Mexico, until they remembered the gift.

They started looking for a gift, and they finally found the perfect one, it was a sombrero, but it was very expensive! They decided to think about it while they ate lunch at the park. During lunch, they decided to get the sombrero for him, in excitement, Jim's father threw his sandwhich at a pack of dogs and went to get the sombrero, but a little dog followed him!

When his mother saw the dog she said, "Lets give this dog to Jim!" they agreed. But first, they tried to find an owner,no such luck, so, they smuggled the dog into America.

Jim loved his present so much. That night he let it sleep on his bed, it was still there when he woke up, but its eyes were red and its mouth was foaming. Jim got worried and had his mother take it to the vet. When she got there, the vet had some suprising news.

"Ma'am, this isn't a dog, this is a sewer rat, and it has rabies!"
© Copyright 2005 ~**~Jamie~**~ (horsecrazyjjm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1017851-The-Gift