*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1018563-Turning-Points
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #1018563
short story

“Dad is going to be furious once he knows.” Kathy said in a frightened tone to her mother. Kathy Smith was a fifteen-year-old teenager expecting a baby. Knowing that she had committed a terrible mistake at such a young age it was too late to regret it when she was already four months pregnant.

“I know your father will be extremely angry and most of all disappointed in you, Kathy.” Her mother said in disappointment as well.

Days went by and Kathy finally decided to confront the problem. She was anxious and at the same time she needed to tell her father. She didn’t know how to begin; her hands were cold and her body was shaking. “Dad, there’s something I need to tell you.”

Are you okay Kathy?” her father asked with a worried expression on his face.
She will never forget this moment, the most horrible pain she was about to cause her father. She wanted to run away and escape from the whole world, but Kathy knew it was impossible. When finally she said, “ dad, I’m pregnant.” At this point Kathy was expecting the worst.
Her father was a man of character and over protective of his daughters. His beliefs were that first an education, marriage and then the babies. In this particular case it was “the other way around.”


“What are you saying?” he continued in a shocking way. “For God’s sake you are just a baby yourself.” Still in shock and disbelief he approaches, “having a baby is a lifetime commitment. I can’t believe that you committed such mistake.” In the bottom of his heart he wanted to scream and possibly kill the bastard who destroyed his daughter’s life.


Kathy felt the guilt inside of her, “ Dad I’m sorry”. I know that I had disappointed you and mom and it really hurts me.” She said as tears were dripping down from her eyes. She knew it wasn’t going to be easy, but she had no choice than confront what she had coming.



Her father didn’t have any more words to say. He walked away as anger and frustration empowered him. And for a long time it remained that way.



Months flew by and Kathy had become a young mother of a baby girl. Her life completely changed. She finally understood that her father wasn’t angry with her, but was angry that his little girl had grow up fast and take on a huge responsibility. She was going to prove to her father and every one that she was going to succeed. Working and studying at the same time became extremely difficult for her, even though her mother was a great help with the baby. She felt so lucky to have her support. Kathy never once became discouraged. She said to her mother with a glowing expression on her face, “ I’m going to be the best I can be, not only for me, but for little girl.” That was reason enough for her to have the courage and strength to move forward.
© Copyright 2005 Young Spanish Writer (girasolnyc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1018563-Turning-Points