*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1023956-Hate-My-Job
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Experience · #1023956
Is a short essay about a couple of episodes at work
I’ve been working as a Surgical Technician for a Doctor in Oral Surgery for 4 years. It is a wonderful job and good experience, but im unhappy. Due to the fact that I am so miserable working with him that I ask to my self, “why don’t you quit?”

Every day is the same routine. Getting prepare to what I call “wonderland”. In the fisrt place, my boss is extremely slow performing surgeries. It is frustraring when he takes 30 minutes suturing on a simple extraction. I feel sorry for him since he is getting older and doesn’t want to retire.

One day I was assisting him in an extraction surgery and all the sudden I notice that he is extracting the wrong tooth. There was some blood around the tooth which means it was ready to come out and of course I can’t say a word in front of the patient; he will get very upset. I squeezed his hand as a sign for him to stop. That’s when he realized the terrible mistake he was about to commit. His face became red as a tomato; he felt very embarrassed. After we walked out of the operating room he called my attention for not telling him sooner. I became seriously furious because he blamed me for his mistake. I shouldn’t supervise a doctor. Now it became one of my specified duties and it shouldn’t be that way.


My job has become a dark nightmare. I can’t wait one day to wake up and see my job in a complete different way, but I doubt that’s ever going to happen. The perfect solution will be to find a new job.





© Copyright 2005 Young Spanish Writer (girasolnyc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1023956-Hate-My-Job