*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1019128-Reality-of-Fantasy
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1019128
This is my first story that I'm working on. Here's the fist chapter.
To begin....
This story takes place not long before a terrible conflict. The tides of war crashed onto the lands of Sakura and Iori. It started with one small problem and escalated into a long and never ending war. People killing each other as a result of single minded obedience. Following orders without question or thoughts that what they're doing was wrong. Many who followed these orders were male adults and teenagers ranging from the ages of 15 to 35. Through out their history, they were manipulated from the time when they were infants till they died. Very few escaped what cruel fate was instored for them. A life of lies with a false hope and a false future.

~Chapter 1~Hearts

"Has this game been too much for you?" echoed a sinister voice "Has it?! Has it?! Has it?! Your reality is my game and my game is your reality. You cannot escape! You cannot hide! What are the chances of your survival?! None! I've let you survive this long only to increase your suffering! Your pain has only begun! Enjoy your stay in my paradise!" A young man awoke from his terrible slumber with sweat overflowing from his face. His breathing was hard and his body trembled. "It was just a dream." He sat up and watched the sunset. The sky was lit with a bright orange light. With clouds that looked so heavenly, you would think that you were in a dream. He searched his soul for an answer to his question, but couldn't find one. An answer to his question.

"Hey Mister, watcha doing?" said a little girl. She was 12 years old. She was wearing a long violet dress that that shined in the sunset and light brown sandals. Her hair was black and was tied into a ponytail. She walked towards the man sitting on the hill side of Iori. He looked to be about 18. His hair was short, silver and he had dark brown eyes. His attire was that of a military rank of captain, but was different from the other captains that she had seen. His uniform was crimson red with no medals on the left chest area, but a single triangle badge that was bloody red. He had his weapon right beside him. It was a halbert.

"Watching the sun set over the city." he replied.
"What's so great about the sunset?"
"It's brings peace to my soul."
"Huh? What do you mean sir?"
"Nothing, nothing." The young man stood up and picked up his halbert.
"What are doing up? You know that your supposed to be in bed by now."
The little girl walked in front of him and shook her head. "I know, but I have this weird feeling inside me. Like something really bad will happen soon." The man stared at the girl and kneed down in front of her. "Don't worry. There might be trouble brewing up, but I'll protect you."

The girl stared at his uniform. "Are you in the military?"
The young man frowned slightly. "Yes," he said sadly "but I'm not too proud about it."
She looked confused "Why is that? You protect all of us, don't you?"
"If I were to tell you why then you would fear me and curse me."
"It's okay sir. You don't have to tell me."

"I've got to be going." He began to walk down the hillside and turned one more time to the sunset. The sun was setting fast and was already three-fourth’s under the horizon. He turned to the little girl. "The sun is setting. I'll walk you home little lady."
She giggled and grabbed his hand. As she walked down to the town, she looked at him. His hair shined in the radiant light, his hand felt so warm to her, and she felt safe around him. When he looked at her, she blushed and looked down to the ground. He smiled and continued to walk the hill side road. "What's your name?" "My name is Aura Nobleman." she said quietly "Aura is it? Please to meet you. My name is Paul Shino."

They walked the streets of Iori and the street lights have turned on and the sun had already set. The shops had closed down for the day. You could not see a living soul on the street. It was deserted. At night a horrible event happened. From your window you can hear screams of terror and death. Many who foolishly wander the streets at night end up dead when the sun rises. Their flesh is ripped off and their bones are dry leaving no sign of blood or organs. These horrible events started to happen a month ago. The people started to complain to Gary Blackheart V, the King of Iori. He did nothing about it and said it wasn't his problem.

Many people despised him as ruler. His rule was crueler than death. When he came into power, he disbanded the Council of the People. Which meant that the monarchy was turned into a tyranny and gave him complete control of the kingdom. Sharing no power with anyone beside his subordinates. He demanded taxes that were doubled the regular income of a commoner. He lived in luxury not caring about others. Dinning on the best food and wasting it with pleasure. Anyone who talked about an uprising or use his name in an ill manner was placed in prison and sentenced the next day. The punishments were harsh for both male and female. For a man, they would make him hang in a cage over the sea with nothing to wear for five days and after that they torture him for two weeks or more in the mines. A punishment for a woman would be tortured and raped for twelve days. Many died before their sentence was up. Those who lived returned with broken spirits and with no will to live. He allowed anyone in his kingdom to leave, but none did. Many were scared to leave the kingdom.

Paul finally reached Aura's home. It was in between a bread shop and a flower shop. The buildings were made of wood with a roof made of stones. Smoke came out of the chimney of her house. As he approached the house, Aura's mother saw Paul and yelled "Get away from my daughter! You agent of the devil!"
"Mommy, he's a good person."
"Aura, get away from him now!" Paul released her hand.
"Go to your mommy."
"But-" Paul placed his finger on her lips. "Here take this."
He handed her the red badge and smiled. "Hold this and I'll be back to get it."
"But-" "No buts, just go okay?" She nodded and hugged him, then ran into her house.
As he walked away, Aura watched him disappear into the shadows.
© Copyright 2005 Kind One (mastersaul at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1019128-Reality-of-Fantasy