*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1021374-Reality-of-Fantasy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1021374
Here's the 2nd chapter.
~Chapter 2~A Dream

Aura's mother pulled her into the house. "Aura! I want you to stay away from that man you met."
Aura looked confused and responded "Why mommy? He didn't do anything bad to me."
"He's a half breed."
"What's that?" Lily, her mother, gave Aura a glare. She had never seen her mother in this type of mood. She had broken a few rules before and her mother got mad at her, but this was different. It frightened her to death.

"They are forsaken beings of the heavens. Cursed people with the power of light or darkness. Many who were born abused their special powers and caused chaos in their wake. A special mark is branded onto their body when they are born. It is to contain their horrible power, but it only lasts for 18 years. When it wears out, from their back a set of wings grow. Whether they are black or white depends on the person. We village people dislike them so much. They use their powers to enslave us instead of helping us. The King is a filthy half breed as well. Giving false promises to his soldiers and the young men of the village." She walked over to the sink and got a mug. She then filled it up with water and drank it. "I'll never forgive that bastard of a king! We live day by day listening to his every will and command. And this is how is repays us!" She slammed the mug onto the counter and fell to her knees and began to cry. "Jack! Alex!" she cried out the names of her lost husband and son. A stream of tears flowed down from her eyes. She covered her face with her frail hands.

Aura walked over to her mother and hugged her. Her small arms wrapped around her grey haired frail mother. "Please stop crying mommy." she said quietly to her mother. She hugged Aura gently. "Thank you honey. Go to your room." Aura obeyed and walked upstairs.

There were three rooms that awaited at the top of the stairs. Aura's room was straight down the narrow hall. As she walked down the hall, she looked at the room to her right. It was her brother, Alex's room. She opened it and saw many familiar objects. A work desk, on the left side of the door. The bed at the right side of the window. She use to fall asleep on it with her brother. The book shelf across from the bed, had fairy tale books and text books. Alex use to read and write stories just for her before she fell asleep. She walked to his bed and ran her right hand against the smooth golden bedrail then sat down on it. The lantern that flickered above her use to give out a warm tender glow that filled her heart with joy and happiness while sitting with her brother, but now her heart was missing what she had before. She stared at the beautiful painting above the desk, of the town, which had lost it radiant colors since her brother was gone. Tears started to form in her eyes. Droplets of diamonds fell onto her hands that gripped her dress. She fell onto the soft feathery bed that was covered with a sky blue sheet and sobbed herself to sleep.

Aura opened the door and walked into Alex's room crying.
"What's wrong Aura?" he asked.
She laid on his bed and didn't respond.
She just hugged him and didn't let go.
"I know you miss father as well. I miss him too. Today is when he-"
"Read me a story big brother." Aura pleaded looking into Alex's green eyes.
"Sure little sis." He petted her head that was covered with soft black hair.
"What story do you want to hear?" "The story about the angel." she said .

"Okay, okay." He got up and walked to his book shelf. He picked out a book covered with beautiful designs of yellow flowers and red roses. He opened it and flipped through many colorful pages. Pages filled with valiant unicorns, soft yellow bunnies, beautiful cosmic elves with elegant dresses, little fairies with butterfly wings, and many more creatures of legend. He finally stopped on a page. To Aura it was the most beautiful page of them all. It depicted a beautiful angel descending down from the heavens. Her wings expanded beyond page and the face of the angel was that of a beautiful woman.

Alex had begun to read but no sound came from his mouth as he spoke. The book vanished in thin air in his hands and he began to move farther and farther away from her. She tried to reach for him but was bound to the bed by chains.

"Alex!" she cried out but he couldn't hear her. She used all her might to break free from the chains. She got up and ran after him. Her right arm extended so she could grab him.
"Don't leave me. Please don't leave me." she said softly with more tears running down her face. She finally caught up to him and reached for him, but she went through him and fell into an endless black void.
"Alex! Alex!" she shouted at the top of her lungs. She kept crying out for him but he never came. She woke up shivering. The window was open and a draft was blowing in.
© Copyright 2005 Kind One (mastersaul at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1021374-Reality-of-Fantasy