*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1019741-A-page-in-my-diary
Rated: 13+ · Other · Supernatural · #1019741
A glimpse into a world of horror not seen by many.
"A page in my diary"
Permitting you to glimpse into my life, be that as it is.

April 10 1753

I am one of those poor lonely creatures living among all this hustle and bustle of daily life,
none of you really notice me, or that I am alive at all. But I do live with you, and I am here.

Anyway, I am one of these people who like to ask questions. Well the other day, Wednesday if I remember correctly. I was having a conversation with that abomination that horrific wonder of a being that travels between the dimensions.

I asked how it goes from one dimension to another so easily. It laughed at me with a laugh that would chill your soul. It said in a guttural sound that was coming from somewhere on its' body, what a waste of a question to ask it.

Of all the questions there were to ask, I choose to ask one of this merit.
I know I was permitted one question and that was the one I choose, and what does it matter to it anyway I thought.

It permitted me to ask questions of its abode, how old it is, where it comes from, but oh no not me I had to ask how it gets from here to there so quickly.
I have been trying in my mind to pinpoint where and when all this began. I think I may have it.

Now wait a minute, thinking back to last month, I know when all this began, although at times it feels like a nightmare.

I know it was that really severe thunderstorm in the west part of the sky, the thunder rolled and lighting struck like dark syrup falling to the ground beneath it.
It went on for hours and hours, rolling thunder and the sky was lit up all night.

I however sat in my dismal room wondering what was about to occur, for in all my days I have not wittenessd such a display of noise and lights.
It was very disturbing and very weird too.

The thunder when it hit was as if a door was being opened from another dimension.
The lightening, well it scared most of the occupants of this run down dirty, dark boarding house. As I emerged out of my room I found them all huddled together in the dark, like little children who had lost their mommy.
I returned to my room to observe the sky and all the strange occurrences going on in it.

I stood in awe, at what was happening, it was like the sky opened up that day, and something well if you read this you will think I was mad, but I assure you I am not, something fell to the earth that day, something old, something not of this earth, something strange, with weird lights and strange noises among the noise of the storm.
Something eldridge, something rotten, god help us all.

If I am still here I will continue to write more in this diary of mine, of which you are peering into. And if you are reading this, I am sure I am not here to stop you. God speed to you.

Yours truly, Count H.P. Lyon

Note: First draft of this story.
© Copyright 2005 Lynn Gilchrist (jalyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1019741-A-page-in-my-diary