*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822854-The-Seance
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1822854
A story of 2 young girls on a dark stormy windy Halloween night many years ago!
The Seance



"The world is no place for a ghost when these beings take over, and it will take about 24 hours to do so.

Brace yourself and tell no one, for if you do unimaginable things will happen  to them. Do not leave this room for the world as you know it does not exist."





Being dark and windy that night didn't help matters, Susan and I were doing a seance. You could feel the energy in the room building it was becoming static and rushed, swirls of energy movin, sitting on the floor with candles lit and incense going,making sure everything was in order. Checking and rechecking, we sat cross-legged and began to chant, whiched changed the vibration in the room to make it friendly to the ghost who would be coming to pay us a visit, we hoped.



We were telling ourselves we were tough and we could take it. Sure we could, could'nt we? My mom told me she was going to bed and that whatever we were doing have fun doing it, well all of our laughing was not from having fun it was from nervouseness,



Calming down after a while, we became very serious about what we were to do. The winds picked up up outside the closer we got to doing it. There was a lot of mental preparation to be done.We were telling ourselves that this is to be fun and not scary, we kept telling ourselves it is to be fun. We made sure we had everything done the candle lit, tape recorder plugged in, incense burning yes it was done, and there we sat, two thirteen year old girls in a house of where all the people were sleeping.



The wind outside was like a demon knocking at the windows and really  scaring us. Our room was lit by only one candle which sat on the floor between us. The window was open a tiny bit. We reached out and took each other's hands and began asking, "If there are any spirits out there, please let us know".We did'nt have anybody to contact, we just wanted to do it, and boy did we do it!



It was so quiet in our room, and the house, you could hear a pin drop, .....then  all hell broke loose.

We heard noises that made us tremble and shake, sounds that are not of this world, or even this dimension.



Monsters that make you die with fright when you look upon them and of course ghosts, millions of ghosts, all wanting to speak  to us! Time passed and finally one ghost came to us. It was Billy McQuire, so he said. He said all these ghosts want to have a word with us, and we better do it, to. "Why," we asked, shaking now really bad."Why must we listen to all those ghosts? "Well said Billy, "it appears to us on the other side that when you began this seance you didn't just request the presence of one spirit. BUt you just opened it up and left it that way, so hang on here they come."



He was right. All night we saw them, felt them, heard them and dealt with them, all night, then it seemed to calm down and it was quiet and then it really started.



Susan was nervous to begin with, so when the banging and pounding started she really freaked out. Crying and shaking, I tired to calm her down, but I could not. I noticed that that salt around us was gone  I did'nt say anything to her. She found out anyway, and then she really freaked out. Who could of removed the salt? I asked for a sign. Susan started to shake and move uncontrollably and nothing could stop her. I shut my eyes just for a moment and when I opened them up she was entirely white. Her hair went white, and her skin was old.



She became old in a matter of seconds, she spoke to me in a strange lanquage that soon changed to English and she told me she had to come first as a fore runner to what was really coming. My head dropped and I began to cry, I asked,"Why did you have to take Susans body over? " She just began speaking, as if she did not even hear me. She said it is her job and she must do it and that when she is done with her body there will not be much left of Susan. I sobbed and sobbed she yelled at me and told me to straighten up and listen.



"A race of great old ones are coming to take over your world. There is nothing you can do about it. Here are your instructions you must leave the gate open when I am done speaking to you, tell no one about the gate, no one at all.



I left in a state of fear, not being able to tell anyone I began by walking out in the streets looking at all the people going about there lives, and I could not

What would you have done?







"The world is no place for a ghost when these beings take over, and it will take about 24 hours to do so.

Brace yourself and tell no one, for if you do unimaginable things will happen  to them. Do not leave this room for the world as you know it does not exist."



© Copyright 2011 Lynn Gilchrist (jalyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822854-The-Seance