*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1021056-Pru-and-Lily-Part-IV
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Turtle
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Drama · #1021056
almost the end of teh saga
SUNDAY 10:13A.M. LILY
We read four books together, and we couldn’t figure it out.
“Maybe her car is just dying?”
“Maybe I’ll buy her a new car, that’s what I’ll do. What kind do you think she wants?”
“A 1998 cavalier, 2 doors, black, manual, with a moon roof, and power everything.”
“Let me guess, you talked about it?” uncle Stan asked.
“Maybe once or twice,” I winked.
“I’ll make some calls, we could go car shopping quickly. Let’s go,” uncle Stan jumped up.
We found aunt June and we went out shopping. We didn’t find exactly that car, but we did find one that was deep royal blue, it had everything else she wanted.

SUNDAY 10:47 A.M. PRU
“Do you Pru take him, Brad, as your lawfully wedded husband?” the priest asked.
Pru turned and looked at John, he pointed toward the priest. She then quickly looked at Cole who was feeding Hope.
“I do,” she finally said, lowering her head.
“I now declare you husband and wife,” the priest said, “You may now kiss your bride.”
Brad kissed Pru, as John and Cole and the priest clapped.
“We’ll be back,” Brad said as he pulled Pru out of the barn. Brad’s horse was there ready to go.
Brad climbed into the saddle, then reached his hand down for Pru. She reluctantly took it, and sat on his lap.
“Off we go,” Brad said, and then rode off. Pru held onto Brad only because she was riding side saddle and she didn’t want to fall off.
They rode through the fields and into the woods, he stopped his horse near a river. He got off first, then slowly lowered Pru to the ground.
“Hello Miss Bradley Jackson,” he kissed her neck.
“That’s not your real last name,” Pru said.
“What?”
“Your father changed his last name, I’m a reward for you, because of something my mother did.”
“Quit talking,” Brad said grabbing at Pru’s breasts.
“Brad, can we take this slow, it’s my first time,” Pru said trying to push Brad away.
Brad turned her around and pulled her zipper down. He turned her back around. Brad pulled the straps down off her shoulders and dropped the dress to the ground. He grabbed at Pru’s breasts again, pulling them out of the bra.
“Brad, slow down, we have the entire day ahead of us,” Pru was pleading.
“What do you suggest?” Brad asked.
“A dip in the river?”
“But it’s freezing cold,” Brad said.
“Are you chicken?” Pru said walking past Brad and stepping into the water. “I’ve heard sex in the water is great.”
Brad started pulling off his clothes as he walked toward the river. Pru went in, the water wasn’t too cold, and she dove under.
Brad went in after her, she swam around and he chased her. When he finally caught her, he kissed her and started to pull off her bra.
“You were right Brad, it’s too cold in here, let’s get out, make a fire, and make love by it. I promise.” Pru said.
“Anything for my new wife,” Brad said letting Pru go, she climbed out of the water. And stood there.
“Let me get you blanket,” Brad said grabbing a blanket off the horse, and wrapping it around Pru.
Under the blanket, Pru took off her sopping wet bra and underwear, she knew she wouldn’t dry well with wet clothes on.
Brad built a fire and laid out anther blanket on the ground. He sat on it shivering.
“Let’s lay down,” he suggested.
Pru did feel bad, so she sat down and he opened her blanket. She laid on her side, and he lay against her chest. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in.

SUNDAY 3:14P.M. LILY
I spent the day sitting in Pru’s car. Her old one first, cleaning out the garbage, and after that I started moving things into her new car.
Uncle sat was selling Pru’s old car to a friend. I moved Pru’s CDs, then her other little knick knacks from her glove box.
After I moved all that stuff, I drove with uncle Stan to give Pru’s car to the other guy. Before I let him take it I took ton of pictures and asked the guy for his number in case Pru wanted to say good-bye to her car of two years.
On the way home uncle Stan stopped by his work to pick up a car to work on, his boss had given him permission to work at home to make up for the time lost. I followed him home, and I started to enjoy Pru’s car.
Agent Murray had news when we got back. They had found the high school that the boys of this John guy had gone to. It was north of Hinckley, but no one from the school was available for the agent’s calls. They were going to call the school first thing in the morning to get an address.
“Why can’t you go now?” aunt June asked.
“No one’s there, and no one’s answering. It’ll be a waste of man power.”
“Finding my daughter is a waste of man power?” Aunt June stood up.
“No ma’am, but with no one there to let us in, we’d just be sitting there,” Agent Murray explained.
Aunt June became furious and walked out of the room, uncle Stan went after her to comfort her.
“Has Pru’s cell phone been turned on?” I asked.
“No, but the tracer is always on, so the minute it turns on, we’ll know it’s location.”
“Tell me if it does,” I went outside, Ryan was waiting for me.
“Hi,” he said as he leaned against his squad car, “Do you want to go for a drive?”
I smiled, “Sure.”
“Here you go,” he opened the driver’s door.
“What?” I asked confused.
“You’re driving,” Ryan smiled.
“Where are we going?” I asked getting in and driving off.
Ryan said, “Head for highway 7 westbound.”
I did, and Ryan led me to a back road.
“Do you want to pull someone over?” he asked.
“Sure,” I said smiling.
“Okay, let’s turn around and find a law breaker,” Ryan said.
We found someone going 75 in a 55, and I felt my heart pumping and my adrenaline rushing when I turned on the sirens and the car pulled over.
Ryan gave them a warning and showed me how to use the radio and computer. Then we headed back to uncle Stan’s and aunt June’s house.

SUNDAY 3:36 P.M. PRU
They lay under the blanket, then Brad leaned over and pulled down his boxers.
“Brad, I don’t know if I’m ready,” Pru said.
“You’re my wife, and you’re ready.” He said rolling on top of Pru. He shoved into her, stretching her and tearing her. Pru screamed out, but Brad covered her mouth. “Don’t scream.”
Pru wanted to, but was afraid of what Brad would do to her, so she grabbed her forearm and bit it. It hurt, but it averted her mind from the pain going on between her legs.
When Brad stopped he said, “Now we are husband and wife.” Pru just lay there, as Brad rolled off of her. She clutched the blanket to her chest.
“Let’s go. We need to celebrate family style,” Brad said pulling the blanket from Pru’s hands.
“Put your dress back on,” Brad ordered, Pru quickly did as she was told, then picked up her underwear, and went to put them back on, “Leave them off and throw them in the woods!” Brad yelled.
Pru just stood by the horse, not wanting to make Brad angry. He folded the blankets and tied them to the horse. He got dressed, then jumped on the horse. He reached his hand for Pru’s and she took it with out hesitation.
To Pru, the ride seemed to take twice as long as the first time, she was so painful.
When the got back Pru jumped off the horse before Brad, and twisted her ankle. He made her sit on a hay bale until he put his horse in it’s stall. Then he carried her into the house’s bathroom and sat her on the toilet.
“You’re going to take a bath, I won’t sleep next to a dirty wife. I’ll go get your clothes. When you’re done go to my room and get dressed…it’ll be supper time by then.” Brad turned to go, “And I’ll get you an ace bandage for the ankle. Cole will help you put it on, he’s really good at that stuff,” Brad left.
Pru slowly slipped out of the dress and into the tub, she was relaxing when she heard the bathroom door crack open. She slowly turned to see Hope creeping in.
“Hello,” Pru said and picked Hope up. She placed Hope on her chest, which was out of the water.
Pru relaxed for a long time, so long that Hope fell asleep. Pru smiled and realized she needed to hurry up, so she took Hope off her chest and placed her on the ground.
Pru grabbed a bar of soap and shaved. She got out of the tub, and was careful not to put any weight on her ankle. She hobbled over to Brad’s room, Hope following slowly behind. Pru closed the door once Hope came in. Pru changed into the dress she had packed for her trip, just in time for a knock to come at the door.
“Pru, can I come in?”
“Who is it?” Pru asked, knowing full well it was Cole.
“Cole. I need to wrap your ankle.”
“Come in,” Pru said.
Cole entered, “I heard you twisted your ankle.”
“Yeah, but I’m accident prone,” Pru smiled.
“Sit here on the bed,” he pointed.
Pru sat down and lifted her right let and put it behind Cole. Her left leg she put in his lap.
“I’m going to wrap an ice pack in the ace bandage to lower the swelling.” Cole gently rubbed Pru’s foot then placed the ice pack against the ankle, then wrapped it all.
When he was finished, he ran his fingers up her leg, “How are you?”
“Sore, Brad made me have sex with him, and he wasn’t gentle.” Pru admitted.
“I like your dress, where’d you get it?” Cole asked touching the fabric.
“It’s mine, I brought it for the wedding I was going to.”
“Why didn’t you wear that for the wedding?” Cole questioned.
“I forgot I had it,” Pru said.
“We better go and eat, here, let me help you.” Cole said giving Pru a hand, “Lean on me.”
“Can you pick up Hope?” Pru smiled.
Cole smiled, then picked her up and handed her to Pru. Pru leaned on Cole as they made their way to the kitchen. Cole sat Pru down in ‘her’ chair.
“Hello beautiful,” Brad said kissing her neck. He wrapped his arm around her back, squeezing the bruises. She flinched in pain, but said nothing.
Pru ate her meal silently.
“So Pru, how does it make you feel to be married?” John asked.
Pru didn’t look up right away, she forced herself to smile, then said, “Great.”
After she ate her dinner John cleared her plate, and pulled a box out of the freezer; a cake. John opened the box and lifted the cake out. It read ‘congratulations’, and showed a picture of two cowboy hats, one white and one black.
John found a knife and handed it to Brad. “You two cut the cake,” John smiled.
Brad took Pru’s hand and they cut a small piece. Brad took the piece and fed it to Pru, only a little smearing on her face. Pru then picked a piece and fed it to Brad, but she pushed it so hard it got all over his face.
“Oh, I’m sorry!” she said, not meaning it.
Brad looked up and smiled when he saw Pru picking up a napkin to wipe his face. Then their faces were clean, John said, “I’ve got presents.”
John got up from the table, and left the house, carrying in a large box.
“Pru, this is mainly for you,” John said.
Pru stood up and opened the present, it was a black saddle, a light blue blanket, and a black bridle.
“I’m giving you Teddy, he only likes to be ridden by women. My wife was the last person to ride him.”
Pru stood up, tears in her eyes. “Thank you,” she said honestly.
“I sort of bought and made you a present, “Cole said going and getting a box. Pru unwrapped it to find a wooden box with a bed and a box with holes.
“What is this?” she asked opening the crate to find a puppy.
“She’s not a pure bred, she’s half rottweiler, and half husky. The breeder says it’s a good breed, and the box is for the puppy and Hope to sleep in.
Pru jumped up and hugged Cole, “Thank you so much,” she said.
“They’ll have to sleep in the kitchen tonight,” Brad said angered.
“Why?” Pru asked, letting go of Cole.
“It’s our wedding night,” Brad snarled.
“But Hope needs her bottles.”
“We’ll figure it out then won’t we.” Brad stood up, and stormed off to his room.
“So, what will you name your puppy Pru?” John asked.
Pru looked at the puppy, it reminded her of a friends dog, “Leiny, as in Leinenkugels.”
“The beer?” John asked.
“Kinda, my friend had a dog once which was named Leinenkugel, and this reminds me of her.”
“That’s cute,” Cole said.
“You better go tend to your husband, he’s angry,” John said.
Pru put Leiny into the box, “Where’s Hope?”
“I’ll find her,” Cole said.
Pru slowly walked toward the room, “Maybe I can help with the dishes?”
“Um…sure,” John said hesitantly.
Pru helped wash the dishes, and as she did John fed Hope a bottle and Cole rinsed the dishes.
“Do make me go back there with him,” Pru whispered.
“I know you don’t want to, but you have to. You don’t know my father, and you don’t know Brad.” Cole whispered back.
“Okay, you’ve done enough Pru,” John said. “We’ll finish up.”
Pru slowly walked toward Brad’s room. The lights were off, but there was a fire in the fireplace. Pru saw a figure lying in the bed.
“Good, he’s asleep,” Pru thought shutting the door.

SUNDAY 11:39 P.M. LILY
Nothing was happening, nothing could be done until morning. Agent Murray had gotten John’s new last name; it was Jackson.
“Has anyone tired looking on the Internet for the address?” I asked.
“We’ve looked and found nothing. This guy hasn’t paid taxes in over 2 decades. We’ll have to wait until morning, then we’ll move out.”
I walked away, I didn’t want to blow up again on Agent Murray.
“Lily?” aunt June called me.
“Yes aunt June?” I asked.
“When was the last time you slept?” aunt June asked rubbing my back.
“I slept a little last night,” I exaggerated, I really hadn’t gotten a good nights sleep since that first night.
“I want you to take one of these and go to bed,” she haded me a pill.
“I don’t want to sleep.” I protested.
“You need sleep, we’ll wake you if anything happens,” aunt June promised.
“Okay,” I said and swallowed the pill.
Aunt June gave me some water and I washed the pill down. “Go up to bed.”
As I started up the bed I felt nothing, but when I reached the landing strip I started to feel dizzy. I got to the bed, and fell asleep as I fell onto it.

SUNDAY 11:48P.M. PRU
Pru walked slowly toward the bed, she didn’t want to wake Brad. She carefully got into the bed after putting on a large t-shirt. Brad didn’t stir.
Pru closed her eyes; hoping sleep would come quickly. She was about to sleep when her shoulder was jerked up.
“On your hands and knees!” Brad whispered the order.
Pru did without hesitating. Brad rammed into her, it was painful, and to ease the pain she bit her bottom lip so she wouldn’t cry out. Brad pushed into her so hard that she was being moved forward on the bed. He pushed so hard one time that her head slammed into the headboard. She didn’t make a noise, only lifted her hand up and touched her cheek; it was bleeding.
When Brad finished he laid back down, Pru eventually did too, and just laid there. She waited a while until Brad started snoring. Then she climbed out of bed.
“Where are you going?” Brad asked under his breath.
“I have to let the puppy out and give Hope a bottle.”
“Hurry back,” he didn’t turn over.
Pru found a sweatshirt in the closet and put it on. She walked out into the kitchen. Leiny and Hope were awakened by her footsteps. Pru made Hope a bottle, and picked Leiny out of the box. Leiny stayed at her feet, she picked up Hope and went outside.
Hope ate as Leiny ran around the yard. When Hope finished her bottle, Pru placed her on the ground, she ran after Leiny, Pru sat on the step and smiled. She was sore, but she was trying to keep her mind off the pain.
“Leiny,” Pru whistled, Leiny came and and hope followed behind her. Pru opened the door and Leiny went in. Hope couldn’t get up the stairs, so Pru went down and picked her up.
Once in the house Pru sat next to the box. Leiny tried to jump in, but it was too high. Pru laughed as she put Hope in the box. Leiny came over to Pru and jumped in her lap. Pru pet her for a moment, then Leiny jumped in the box.
Pru closed her eyes; she didn’t want to go get back into bed with Brad.
“Pru? What are you doing up?” Pru recognized Cole’s voice.
“I should ask you the same question,” Pru turned her head away.
“I was going to let Leiny out, and make Hope a bottle.”
“Well, you’re too late,” Pru said, still not looking at him.
“Pru, look at me,” Cole said walking towards her. He picked up her chin and saw her cheek was bleeding, “Oh my god!”
Cole went over to the sink and found a paper towel. He got it wet and carried it back to Pru. He squatted in front of her and wiped her cheek of the dried blood.
“I guess Brad likes it a little too rough,” Pru joked.
“What did he do?”
“Rammed my head into the headboard.”
“Why?”
“He was fucking me,” Pru was ashamed.
“Are you okay?” Cole asked.
“Do I look okay?”
“sorry, are you going to go back to bed?”
“I’m going to just sit out here, I’ll need to feed Hope again before morning.”
“I’ll get you a blanket,” Cole walked down the hall.
When Cole came back he laid it on top of Pru who had fallen asleep. He kissed her forehead and went to bed.
Pru woke up covered in a blanket, Leiny was whining and trying to jump out of the box. Pru picked up Leiny and Hope and brought them outside. Pru sat on the bottom step as Leiny ran around again.
Pru picked up Hope, who hadn’t gone far, and looked up just in time to see Leiny sneaking into the barn.
“Leiny,” Pru yelled and walked toward the barn. Leiny ran into the equipment room. Pru pushed the door and walked in. she flipped on the light and saw Leiny sitting on the floor. On the desk, Pru saw her cell phone. She picked it up and flipped it open. She pushed the power button and the phone turned on. Pru heard someone come into the barn, so she set her phone back down and picked up Leiny. She walked out of the equipment room to see John standing there with Brad.
“What are you doing?” John asked.
“Leiny ran into the equipment room, I had to get her.” Pru said.
“Let’s go back inside,” Brad said.
“What happened to your cheek?” John asked.
Pru looked at Brad, who gave her an evil look, “I hit it on the doorframe when I left the bedroom.”
“Okay, well be careful next time,” John said.
Brad took Leiny from Pru’s arms and then took her hand. He led her into the house.

MONDAY 4:32 A.M. LILY

“Lily, wake up, we found her,” uncle Stan shook my shoulder.
“What?” I was dazed and confused.
“Her cell phone turned on, let’s go.”
I jumped out of bed, and we loaded into an FBI van.
“Agent Murray and his group are already heading up there,” aunt June told me.
I sat in the van nervously, I was too excited to get Pru back.

MONDAY 6:07A.M. PRU
Pru had fallen asleep lying next to Brad, Leiny and Hope were sleeping at her feet in their box. The pounding at the door woke her up.
“FBI open up!” someone yelled.
“Pru, get up and go into my mother’s room, stay down!” Brad said.
Pru was frightened, but she managed to pick up Hope and Leiny and carry them into the mother’s bedroom. She sat next to the bed. Pru heard the sound of a gun cocking, then suddenly someone came into the room.
“Pru?” it was Cole.
“I’m over here,” she said.
He crawled over to her.
“What’s going on?” Pru had fear in her voice.
“The FBI are here for you, but my dad and Brad won’t hear of it.”
There was the sound of glass breaking down the hallway, “You’ll never take her,” John yelled.
Another gun cocked.
A voice over a megaphone boomed, “Just let Pru go!”
“Over my dead body, nobody’s taking my wife!” Brad yelled and fired his gun.
“Cole, I’m afraid,” Pru said.
“Of what?” Cole asked wrapping his arms around her.
“Of what will happen to me when I leave this place. I love being here, besides your brother and father. I have a puppy, a kitten, and a horse. What will I do with them?”
“You’ll keep them, I’ll stay here,” Cole kissed her forehead as Hope climbed into his lap.
More gunfire came from inside the house.
Again the megaphone boomed, “Let her go!”
There was silence, then gunfire started again.

MONDAY 6:27A.M. LILY
The van stopped, Aunt June asked, “What’s going on?”
“We’ve been asked to wait until John has been taken into custody before we will let you in there.” The agent explained.
“You’re lying,” I said calling his bluff.
“How do you know?” aunt June asked.
“I’ve watched enough movies to know that the FBI only doesn’t let you go if something is happening, now spill.”
“Okay, you’re right, there is a situation. The father and one of the sons has started firing on the agents. With the heat sensors they found the girl and another man in the back room. The son called your daughter his wife. We’ve tried sending agents around back, but they keep getting shot at.
“Is Pru okay?” George asked.
“She’s fine so far, the agents haven’t fired back yet.”

MONDAY 7:01A.M. PRU
Agent Murray held up the megaphone, “Let the girl go!”
“No negotiations, over my dead body!” John yelled.
Pru sat next to the bed, “Cole, please stay with me.”
“Why would I leave?” Cole tightened his grip.
“Just don’t leave,” Pru leaned her head against Cole’s shoulder.
A gun fired, and somebody in the kitchen fell.
“Brad!” John yelled.
“Cole, come help me!” John yelled.
“Cole don’t leave,” Pru pleaded.
“I’ll be right back,” Cole placed Hope in Pru’s lap and crawled away. “What’s going on dad?”
“Brad’s been hit, get in here!” John yelled.
“Cole don’t go!” Pru begged.
“John, let the girl go!” the megaphone boomed.
Pru crawled toward the door, Hope in her arm, Leiny cowering, but moving along behind her. She peaked out the door, Cole was slowly crawling toward the kitchen. Pru leaned against the door frame.
Brad was laying in the kitchen, Cole crawled up to him. Cole found his wound at his shoulder. Cole quickly pulled off his shirt and pressed it against the wound.
“Help me Cole,” John said
“You’ll die dad, you can’t win,” Cole warned.
“You’re going to get up and help me, or so help me god I’ll shoot you too.” John threw Brad’s gun at him. “Do it boy!”
Pru watched as Cole stood up, John aimed out the window and fired the gun. Gunfire came back at them, but Cole didn’t fire. Then he fell to the ground.
“Cole!” Pru yelled and ran over to him, he was hit in the abdomen. Pru pulled off her sweatshirt and pressed it against his wound.
“John, let this end; do you want both your sons to die?”
“I won’t go alive?” John said.
“Just go out there, they won’t hurt you,” Pru stated.
John put the gun to his forehead. Pru jumped up and moved it away before the gun fired into the ceiling.
“Give me the gun John.” Pru said.
“What about Pat?” John started to cry.
“What about Pat? It won’t bring your brother back, move on, take responsibility for your own life.”
“Tell them I’ll come out if they promise not to shoot me.”
Pru stood up and yelled, “John is coming out unarmed…do not fire…I repeat do not fire!”
“Okay, send him out,” the megaphone said.
Pru knelt by Cole again, “Hang in there Cole.
Cole looked up to see a gun placed to Pru’s shoulder.
“What about your husband Pru? What about me?”
“I hate to break it to you, dear, but I don’t love you.” Pru said.
Brad cocked the gun, Cole hit the gun with his hand, the gun went off and grazed Pru’s shoulder. She still managed to grab the gun from his hand. With her right hand.
She stood up again holding the gun in her hand, “He’s unarmed, come on in!” she yelled.
Suddenly the room was swarmed with FBI agents. Leiny and Hope quickly ran awa.
“Miss, please back up,” an agent helped her sit in a chair.
“He didn’t do anything,” Pru said about Cole, “Help him please.”
“Ma’am, please calm down, my name is agent Murray, I was the lead in this investigation. Your family will be here shortly.
“Cole, hang in there,” Pru said as the EMTs came into the room.
Brad was patched up and handcuffed in front. He was read his Miranda rights as he was brought out of the house.
An EMT bandaged up Pru as she watched Cole get worked on.
“Your family is here, let’s go.”
“Where are Leiny and Hope?” Pru asked looking down the hall.
“Who?” Agent Murray asked.
“My puppy and my kitten, we need to find them.” Pru said meticulously making Hope a bottle.
Agent Murray picked up both animals and handed Hope to Pru. They headed outside.
“Cole, I’ll be with you in a minute,” Pru said.
When she stepped outside her parents were getting out of a van.
© Copyright 2005 Turtle (roscoegoose23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1021056-Pru-and-Lily-Part-IV