*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1021234-Uno
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Psychology · #1021234
I dont know where im going with this.
She stepped outside, softly. Her pace was slow, and in the moonlight she looked surreal, walking down the gravel and dirt path towards the road. She couldnt sleep, she hated that phrase. All she ever heard people complaining about were their insomniac fiascos. She preferred to tell herself she didnt want to fall asleep. Who would want to in her large, lonely house? She was taken back by the sudden impact the asphalt had on her pale feet. She looked down, noticing how revolvting her feet were. She looked down her road. Down the steep, rolling hill. Her house sat at the top of a couldersack, all the other insignificant houses full of insignificant people below. A part of her mind punished her for thinking such things. Why should she be so proud? Why should she act so superior? Because she is, replied the other parts of her mind, and that was the end of that.

And suddenly, she was awake. Again. In her bed with paint stained satin sheets. She was half naked, she could not stand sleeping with a shirt on. It gave her some sick sense of power and liberation to sleep without a top on. She was raised so formally, how did she turn into this? She sat up, examined her dirty feet and remember her night time stroll. She winced when she stood up, as if to create some fake sense of pain in her mind so that she could remind herself of how bad she has it. At seventeen theres a lot of things you dont know, in her case, there was a lot of things she did know. She knew her mother would always remain a pill popper, she knew her father would never be proud of her, and she knew people. She has seen all the types. The deseperate attention seekers who want to be labelled as 'mentally unstable' to get sympathy, the person who surrounds themself with insecure people so they always fit in, the person who oozes self confidence but is plagued by self hate. The list goes on. And in fact it does, in her books. She refers to them collectively as 'Sum To Infinity' inspired by her Math classes. Every now and then through her detailed inspections of highschool social classes, she adds another theory. She has several books full. And is rather proud. Deep down she secretely wishes to find someone who does the same and has been able to classify her.

All she wants is to be classified.
© Copyright 2005 Ashlee Max (ladyborden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1021234-Uno