*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1025716-The-Best-Gift---An-Interview
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Biographical · #1025716
An interview with my Mewmie
The Best Gift She Ever Received

The other day in writing class we were given the assignment of conducting an interview and finding out what was the person’s favorite gift ever. I decided to interview my mewmie. Here is my interview with her.

Bug: Mewmie, you are pretty old. Have you received lots of gifts in your life?

Mewmie: Well, Bug, I don’t know. I think I am so old and decrepit I can’t remember.

Bug: Mewmie! MOL. You are young! Really you are!

Mewmie: Oh, Bug, you are so silly. I think mew need to practice your interviewing skills.

Bug: Okay. Well, here is the question then. What is the best gift you have ever received?

Mewmie: Hmmm, let me think. There are a number of things that come to mind. When I was eleven, my uncle gave me my piano. I don’t know what I would do without it. I guess I have had a piano my whole life. And when I was a grown woman, I asked my Grandmother for a special doll. It was a doll called Baby Skates, and she really skated. I thought she was a really cool doll. I was quite surprised when my Grandmother gave it to me for Christmas that year. I really treasure it.

Bug: But was that your favorite gift?

Mewmie: Well, let me think. My sister gave me a star one year for my Purrday. It was a star named after me, Cynaemon. It is in the constellation Cetus, the whale. I have heard that this is just a bogus thing that someone came up with. That stars are not really named after people, but still it is a romantic idea, and I like to think that I have a star out there somewhere.

Bug: Was that the very best gift?

Mewmie: Well no, it wasn’t. I think the very best gift I ever received was my Grandfather’s gavel. It was given to him by his Lodge when he attained his 33rd degree. I think that is the highest level you can reach as a mason. He was so proud of finally reaching that goal. Then, when I became President of Toastmistress, I remember I was so excited I came home and told the whole family. My Grandfather went into his bedroom and came out with the gavel in its velvet-lined box, and he said, “Now that you are President, you will need this.” I was very touched, because I knew how much that gavel meant to him.

Bug: Wow! That is really neat. Thank mew fur this interview Mewmie.

Mewmie: You are quite welcome little Bug.
© Copyright 2005 Cynaemon (noelanicat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1025716-The-Best-Gift---An-Interview