*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1028306-Word-Prompt-October-30
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Bulletin · Young Adult · #1028306
Word prompt from www.nanowrimo.com for October 30.
Andrea crouched behind the chair, dressed in a white sheet. Sure, she was 13 years old, but who said she couldn’t have a little fun scaring her sister Jasmine?
It was a dark Halloween night, and as Andrea huddled behind the chair, a group of three boys and two girls, dressed all in black, hopped into a sleek black Escalade and sped across town. The girls carried sacks of water balloons, and two of the boys were armed with rolls and rolls of toilet paper. The last boy, named Jimmy, held a baseball in one hand. Sure, it’s only a Halloween prank, but it’s on Andrea's house. I’m not sure this is the right thing to do…..
The car arrived at the house, and the girls and two of the boys got out. Jimmy hesitated.
“Are you coming, Jimmy, or are you chicken?” one of the boys asked, snickering with the others. Jimmy once again hesitated, and then got out of the car.
According to the plan, the boys TP-ed the house and the girls through the water balloons (which were actually filled with flour) at the house. After they were finished, they all looked at Jimmy expectantly. Once again, he hesitated. He reached back, and with all his might threw the ball at the window, just as a figure inside the house stood up, right in the ball’s projected path.
“Watch OUT!” screamed Jimmy. Oh, no! It was only a practical joke, a spook joke. And now someone was going to get hurt.
Andrea stood up from behind the chair, her legs aching, tired of waiting for Jasmine to appear. She heard a huge “Watch OUT!” from outside, and quickly stepped to the left just in case. Just as she did, a baseball came flying through window like a torpedo. “Wow. That was spooky.”

304 words
14-15 Minutes
Hey, it was my first try!
© Copyright 2005 Marina Adams (writer0304 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1028306-Word-Prompt-October-30