*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1031922-Dreaming-for-a-Hint-of-Certainty
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Death · #1031922
It's about a friend and once again, death.
Dreaming for a Hint of Certainty
There must be an escape in this life. All I wish to do is love it for what it is and I will never ask for more- yet that task proves to be implausible. My dear friend, you sit there on the floor and count a mere 63 cents out of your pocket, the only money you have to live on. Then you correlate your spirit with those contents of your pocket- I sit and listen to the empty sounds of the evening sky… You remark about how you hate your life; this comment echoes hopelessness and despair. I must find a way to coax your view point differently, allow you to see beyond the shallow lake and recognize the vast ocean behind it. But would this attempt appear earnest? Or would you be able to pierce through the superficial layer of my feeble endeavor? It seems impossible to provoke a feeling of certainty in you while I myself drown in my own uncertainty.

Your ambition: find an escape. Untangle, unravel, and extricate yourself from this psychological web. By all means necessary do not resort to irreparable measures- I would hate to witness that cowardliness in a true friend. I’d rather see you suppress your thoughts with alcohol and controlled substances than seek the dark and dusty path of self-eradication. I don’t believe you will do it. I won’t let you do it. I pray you don’t do it…

-Ronnie Rose (November 3, 2005)
© Copyright 2005 Ronnie R. (offfan1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1031922-Dreaming-for-a-Hint-of-Certainty