*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1032170-Through-the-Mirror-Chapter-1
by Silver
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1032170
If you find a mirror in your house that you can go through, would you do it?
Chapter 1

Zizi stared at the shining stars in frustration. What was so peaceful about Little Giant? Everything! Yes, everything in the town went nicely, but right here, in this house, it is the exact opposite! Why did it have to go this way? I want adventure, mystery…my list could go on! But right now, my life isn’t pointing anywhere in that direction! Her thoughts were interrupted when her mother called her down for dinner.
“Zizi! It time for dinner!”
“I’ll be right down!” Zizi said, sighing. She got up and went down the stairs. “What is for dinner tonight?”
“Corn, potatoes, and salad,” Patty replied back. That question was about the only conversation they got.
They sat down at the dinner table and started eating. “So what did you have for homework?” asked Patty.
“Oh, just the usual stuff, ya know,” Zizi replied without taking her eyes off her food. They sat eating for about ten minutes then her mom asked her a question.
“Anything you want to tell me?”
“Naw.”
“Meet anyone new?”
“No.”
“Aren’t you ever gonna get out here and find friends? All you do is just stay in that room of yours!”
“I would get out of here if I could! I’m just different from everyone! DIFFERENT! I will never be like Samantha!” Zizi snapped at her mother.
“Someone say my name?” Samantha had just come through the front door, wearing her blue and yellow cheerleading outfit.
“Of course not...” Zizi murmured.
“Having another, umm, discussion?” Samantha asked.
“Your sister just doesn’t want to do anything in her life right now except be cooped up in her room,” Patty said, picking her dishes up and putting them in the dishwasher.
“Ah.” Samantha got some food and sat at the table. “You really, really need to loosen up, Zi.”
Zizi glared at her and went to her room.
“She’s getting more annoyed, ain’t she?” Samantha asked her mom.
“You wouldn’t guess.”


Zizi laid down on her bed, looking at her ceiling. She got so tired of these conversations. Same thing every time! Fighting over the same subject…got so boring! Well, I just better get ready for bed, wait, what’s that? She got off from her bed and looked at the ceiling. A line in the ceiling? Weird! Zizi got a chair from her desk and stood on it to reach the ceiling. I bet this is just for a thing in that electricity stuff. Wait, it seems like it goes around like a door…hmm. She started a little project: scratching all the paint away each night. She just scratched a little off that night. Her arms became tired, so she went to bed.


Zizi woke up the next morning and found herself staring at the ceiling. It was gone. The line. Had she imagined it? She stood on the chair and ran her hand over the ceiling. It was gone. Weird dream, then. Zizi got dressed, looked once more at the ceiling, and then went downstairs.
“How did you sleep?” asked her mother as she put eggs in front of Zizi.
“Well…last night…well, I just had some trouble sleeping,” she didn’t want to tell her mom what she found.
Patty nodded and sat down with her food.
“MOM! Look at this! A stain on my outfit!” screeched Samantha when she came downstairs.
“Its just a darn stain, Sam,” said Zizi.
“To you it is! You don’t get paid any attention at school!” snapped back Samantha.
“Sam! Zizi! STOP! NO fighting right now! Sam, I’ll get it washed, just come over here,” Patty motioned with her hand. Sam moped over to her.
“Look! I see the bus!” Zizi shouted, stuffing her face with eggs and grabbing her bag, “Hurry up, Sam, you’ll be late!”
“No! No! Wait! Mom, thanks, I’ll eat later, I have to lose weight anyways!” Samantha followed after Zizi.
They made it to the bus, barely. Zizi found a seat to herself in the front with all the smart kids, while Samantha found one in the way back next to the most popular boy in school. Zizi couldn’t believe how much her sister flirted in one minute.
The day flowed on till lunch.
Zizi sat down with the normal person she sat down with, an outcast, a boy, who everyone disliked for some reason. They had something in common: they both disliked their family. What was different about them that Zizi actually liked school and the boy, Tyler, hated it and didn’t do his work a lot, but he did some of it so he could at least pass.
“Hey, Zi, how is your day going?” Tyler asked.
“Not so well. I just got my Algebra 2 test back and didn’t do so well,” Zizi grimaced, looking at it.
“Let me see…you only got one wrong! It was out of a hundred points, so it’s a ninety percent! An A!”
“Remember, it’s the highest B+?”
“Oh, right, sorry. First time?” asked Tyler, looking down at his food.
“Yep. I forgot to study. FORGOT! How could I do such a stupid thing?” Zizi looked down at her score with little tears in her eyes.
“Can you please just forget about it…” Tyler stopped talking when the big time jockey came over to their table. Tyler shrunk in his chair.
“Hey, punk! Can I borrow that biscuit?” came the question. Without getting an answer he grabbed Tyler’s food and shoved it in his face. “I believe you are in our spot.”
“Excuse me, but you sat over there mister!” shouted Zizi, pointing to a empty table in the corner.
“We changed our mind. Get up, both of you, or you’ll both get creamed,” Jack, the jockey, said.
“Fine, here, Tyler, use this,” Zizi got out a cloth and handed it to him while picking up her food. They moved to the table in the corner.
“Thanks.”
“Tyler, I want to tell you something…I found a door in my ceiling. A door. I was wondering if you could help me get it down, but it did disappear this morning, so I just want to watch for it, and when it might appear,” Zizi told him.
“A door? That’s weird. But sure, I’ll help. Anything to get out of my house,” looking over at the jockeys, he said, “Someday those guys will get it. I’ll become powerful and ruin. their. lives.” He spoke harsh.
Zizi looked him over. She had known him most of her life, and she had known that he would hurt the people who are mean to him if he could. She looked in his eyes, his dark eyes, almost black, and saw hate in them. It chilled her. He wasn’t so bad looking, really. He had dirty blond hair that was dyed black a while ago, and the blond was showing now. He had a straight nose, nice face. Maybe the thing that threw people off were the big glasses on his face. They were huge. His eyes even looked huge wearing them. “Tyler, you know that hurting them will not satisfy you, you will only want more bloodshed.”
“That’s not true. There’s the bell, see ya at around four this afternoon,” Tyler picked up what was left of his food and turned to leave.
“That’s fine, see ya later, Tyler,” Zizi grabbed her own food, threw it away and headed for class.
© Copyright 2005 Silver (silverhawk662 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1032170-Through-the-Mirror-Chapter-1