*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1032385-Through-the-Mirror-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Silver
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1032385
Zizi and her friend Tyler find the mirror, but inside it, what do they find?
Chapter 2

Zizi waited for Tyler at her home. She was staring at her ceiling. The line still was not there. What time had it appeared? It might appear at that time. She lay down on her bed, still staring at the ceiling. When she lay down in one position, she saw the line. She tried another position. It was gone. She moved back into the other position. She saw the line. She got up, keeping her eyes on the line. She reached for some tape she kept in a drawer. She got a chair, stepped on it, and outlined the line. It was in the shape of a door! She noticed the paint she had scrubbed off the other night. It looked like the paint was trying to cover the line again. The doorbell rang. Zizi got off the chair; looked away, and looked back to make sure it was still there. The tape looked like it was, but the line wasn’t. So that’s it…you can’t look away for a second, she thought. She ran down the stairs.
“Hey Zi! Your mom let me in! Found anything out yet?” Tyler asked, dumping his jacket on the couch.
“Yes, I have, you gotta come see this!” Zizi whispered, noticing her mom was watching her.
Tyler nodded his head, then started following Zizi back to her room. He looked up at the tape. “Is that it?”
“Yes. You can only notice it in one position, so I taped it out and you can’t look away without it disappearing, too.” Zizi said, pointing around the tape. “And it looks like the paint is re-growing. I chipped some paint off last night, and now most of it is gone,” Zizi said.
“Weird. So, I brought my hunting knives to do some cutting.” Tyler took out some knives in his belt.
“Since when did you hunt?” Zizi asked.
“They were my dads…” Tyler started saying, but he stopped, got on the chair, and started cutting. He cut for a little bit till he finished one side. “One side done, now another.”
“Can I try?” Zizi asked.
Tyler jumped off and handed the knives to her. “Sure, my arms are numb anyways for being up so long. I’ll go raid the refrigerator.” He walked out, shaking his shirt off.
Zizi got on the chair. She started cutting in long nice strips, doing it over several times. She cut through in a little, then some more. By the time Tyler got back, she was done with the side.
“Ty, I think on the side that you can do, has hinges on it.”
“Sure, Zi. Watch out, I’ll get this done quick. You ceiling is really thin.” Tyler started cutting again, with a milk mustache on his chin.
Zizi stifled a grin, because he looked so silly. She sat on her bed, wondering what it could be. Could it be another world? Or maybe that’s going to far. Maybe treasure…I’ll be rich! Travel the world! Or maybe it’s just some empty room with nothing in it.
Tyler falling on his back to the ground, the door/thing opening, and dropping down, hanging by the hinges, and a ladder landing in front of her, interrupted her thoughts. “Tyler! You alright?”
“Never better,” he groaned. He got up, cracked his back a couple of times, and looked at the ladder. “Well, Zi, we got it down! You want to do it first, or shall I?”
“Wait a minute, though! We should just take a weapon or something, just in case,” cautioned Zizi.
“Ah, it will be fine. I’ll go up first, if you’re to afraid.”
“Well, umm, no, I’m not afraid, I’ll just go up there, ah, now.” Zizi put on foot on the ladder to start climbing up.
“Come on already! It looks stable enough!” Tyler said to her.
Zizi glared at him and started climbing. She took her time and she grabbed onto the top of the ladder and climbed in the room. Her heart dropped.
“What’s up there?” Tyler asked.
“Just an empty room,” groaned Zizi.
“What!” Tyler climbed up the rope in a second. “Walk around the room with your hand on the wall to see if you can find anything.”
The room wasn’t that big, but it wasn’t small either. Zizi started running her hand along the wall. “Its covered in dust!”
“Dust, bah,” Tyler said. He was running both of his hands over the wall, covering himself in dust.
“Is this even dust?” Zizi asked, “And besides, does dust gets on walls?”
Tyler took a small flashlight from his pocket and shined it at the light. “Its grayish-blue colour!”
“Weird,” breathed Zizi. She kept on running her hand along the wall until she came up to a little bump. She ran her hands along it, finding it was mirror shaped. She started wiping her hands all along it to get all the dust off. “Tyler, take a look at this!”
Tyler ran over and shone his flashlight on it. “It’s a mirror.”
They looked at themselves, to find their hands were glowing grayish-blue.
Zizi looked back at the ladder. “Uhh, Tyler? Where did you put the ladder?”
“What do you mean? The ladder was right there just a second ago.” Tyler ran back to the ladder, Zizi right behind him. The ladder was disappearing, as well as the ground below.
“The floor is covering it up!” Zizi shouted. She tried to jump through, but Tyler held her back. The floor closed up. Zizi looked at Tyler, furious. “What did you do that for? Now we’re stuck here until somebody comes to get us!”
“That’s fine by me. But there has to be something that goes to this, some door, maybe. Let’s check that mirror.” Tyler walked back over to the mirror and wiped all the dust/thing off.
Zizi fumed for a second, then followed. She put her hand to the glass. It was warm. “Tyler, this is warm. Shouldn’t it be cold?”
“I know, that’s what is weird about it.” Tyler said, sitting down, thinking.
Zizi kept her hands to the glass. It was weird, that’s what it was. She put her forehead to the glass, closing her eyes. How would they get back? Her hands started feeling warm all around. She looked down at them to find them stuck in the glass. “Tyler, my hands are stuck!” She tried pulling them out. “I can’t get them out!”
Tyler got up and tried to help pulling her hands out. They wouldn’t budge. “Zi, you are probably going have to go all the way through.”
“What?”
Tyler started putting his hands through. They went in, slowly. “Just follow me.” He put his head through, then his legs, and he disappeared.
“Right, follow, come on…” she was cut off by getting pulled in. Tyler was holding onto her hands. It seemed like it was a big fall, and her hands was the only thing to grab. But, by doing that, he pulled her down with him, so they both fell.
Zizi saw ground approaching, then darkness.
© Copyright 2005 Silver (silverhawk662 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1032385-Through-the-Mirror-Chapter-2