*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1032387-Through-the-Mirror-Chapter-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Silver
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1032387
Zizi and Tyler wake up to find a small girl with a strange color.
Chapter 3


Tyler woke up. His head was bleeding a little, but otherwise, everything seemed okay. Well, except for one thing. His glasses were missing. He couldn’t see anything a foot in front of him. He started feeling around for them. All he felt was grass, and he heard a stream. He heard a groan beside him. Zizi.
He tried to find her, then grabbed her shoulders and started shaking her. She opened her eyes.
“Hey, your glasses? Where are they?”
“I lost them in the fall. Can you help me find them?” he asked her.
“Sure, just let me up, and try not to shake to hard next time,” Zizi got on knees and started searching.
“I’ll try to remember that next time,” Tyler muttered.
They searched for awhile, but they found nothing. Around them were huge trees, the grass was grayish-blue, and a stream that was green.
“This is, well, an interesting place,” Zizi said.
“Yeah, well, I can’t exactly see it now,” Tyler responded, a bit angry.
“Sorry. But lets go and look for your glasses along the way, I’ll guide you,” Zizi offered.
“No, thanks. I can do it myself.”
They started walking along a path that seemed overgrown. A critter passed in front of them here and there. A squirrel did too, though it was bright yellow. Another one followed and it was silver.
“Why are all the critters different colors?” Zizi asked to particularly no one.
“Lets find out later. Remember, we are looking for my glasses, not at critters,” Tyler pointed out.
“Fine,” Zizi grumbled. She heard a branch snap behind them. They both turned around to a girl, well, a bright yellow girl, wearing Tyler’s glasses. “Tyler, I think I found your glasses.”
“What is the bright yellow spot?” he asked her.
“A girl with a bad skin day.”
The girl just stood there looking at them, then she lifted her hands and motioned them to follow her. She started walking off the overgrown path into the water.
“Should we?” Zizi asked.
“Should we what?” Tyler questioned.
“She has your glasses,” Zizi told Tyler.
“Lets go!” Tyler grabbed Zizi’s arm and started going after the yellow girl. Zizi ran to keep up with him and make sure he wasn’t going to trip over anything.
The girl was patiently waiting on the other side of the stream. She seemed to notice that Tyler was struggling, so she went over to him and grabbed his other arm. Zizi stopped and motioned at the glasses on the girl. She made a glasses shape with her fingers and pointed to Tyler.
The girl watched her silently, then took off the glasses and put them on Tyler’s face.
“That’s better! Wow, she really is yellow!” Tyler squeaked.
A howl was heard in the distance. The girl turned deadly white. “Pan-go,” she murmured, her eyes shooting all directions. She grabbed Tyler and Zizi’s hands and started running into the forest.
The howl got louder and louder. The girl let out a squeak and started to run faster.
“Zi, I can’t keep up much longer,” Tyler panted.
“Just hold on!” Zizi said.
The girl stopped running right in front a huge tree. She knocked on it once, then knocked it hard twice, then knocked softly. The tree opened.
Zizi gasped and Tyler stared dumbly. The girl grabbed their hands again and pulled them through. She closed the door. She breathed heavily, then turned around and pointed to herself, “Pat-ooh.” She grabbed their hands again and walked through the dark tree. “You follow me?” she asked.
“You can speak English?” Tyler exploded, “Why didn’t you speak to us before and explain all this?”
“No speak now. Follow Pat-ooh,” She led them through the dark hall. The walls were covered in vines that were blue and black. There was a door that they were coming to. It was huge, and it looked like there were guards on each side of the door. Once they were up to the door, the guards’ heads turned to them and spoke a language, sounding like blah and pat.
The once white girl responded, almost back to yellow, for the skin looked a little whitish still.
“Blah, pat, poot, blak,” Tyler said. “Can’t SOMEONE SPEAK IN ENGLISH?”
The guard looked at him and pointed his spear at him. “You be quiet. Pat-ooh, go to your parents. We’ll take care of these peach-skinned only people.”
Zizi finally looked at him long enough to notice he was blackish-grayish. She held onto Tyler. “Tyler, lets go nicely with the, umm, nice guard.”
“I did not come here to get bossed around! I came here to get a new life, someplace else, and have an adventure! If you lock me up, you will regret it!” Tyler was furious.
“Well, you know what, Tyler?” Zizi turned around and faced him. “If you had let me get down out of the room when it was closing up, then this wouldn’t have happened!”
“I don’t care!” Tyler started running the other way.
“You know, Tyler, I bet we would not get harmed anyway,” Zizi mumbled.
The guard didn’t run after him when Tyler ran. He merely watched him go. He turned to Zizi. “You’ll see him in a little bit.”
“How?” Zizi asked, wary of what they might do to Tyler.
“My guards will get him.”
© Copyright 2005 Silver (silverhawk662 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1032387-Through-the-Mirror-Chapter-3