*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1032386-Through-the-Mirror-Prolouge
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Silver
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1032386
This is the prolouge to Through the Mirror.
Prologue

All alone, staring out the window, sat Elizabeth Neverending. Elizabeth, who was known by the name Zizi, was around sixteen years of age. Zizi had long blond hair that reached down to her waist, but right now it was tied in a bun with a pencil through it. Her bright green eyes stared at the darkness that covered town.
Her mother, Patricia, also known by Patty, had bright red hair and very bright green eyes. Zizi had gotten her mothers eyes, while her blond hair came from her father, George.
George Neverending had died when Zizi was only four. He had died while leaving the house for good, turning at stop sign without even stopping. The semi truck behind him couldn’t stop in time and it crushed the little car, hitting it into the one in front of it. Before that, he lived a struggled marriage that was a high school marriage; they had Zizi’s older sister Samantha, not long after one year of marriage. Zizi soon followed. He had divorced his wife that day he died.
Samantha, who was five when their father died, had fiery red hair with blond highlights with deep brown eyes. She was very popular at school; she had the looks, the spunk. Zizi had always envied her of everything. Zizi felt plain compared to her.
The family all loved fish, the goldfish being Zizi’s favorite. She had 16 of them, all a couple years old, in a 29-gallon fish tank, and it was getting crowded. Fred, the cat, was an orange tabby, which had always looked hungrily at the fish, almost succeeded getting Zizi’s favorite fish, but Patty had caught him in time.
The town they lived in was small, but the school was huge but only had about 800 students. The school colors were yellow and blue and had any type of sports and clubs you could think of. The teams were usually small because there were so many sports and so little people; everyone was spread out.
The library was a place Zizi went regularly. It had several floors of any type of book and its own food court. The food court is called Neverending Foods, where her mother, Patty, worked. They didn’t own the place, but they did get a lot of questions asked about it. Patty worked there mostly in the morning, and then in the evening she worked at another restaurant. Patty had never had the chance or the money to go to college.
There was a swimming pool, bank, church, a theatre, gymnastics club, dancing club, post office, a hotel, and a Table Tennis club. Zizi was a member of the Table Tennis club; she was one of the best. All these were stuffed in this town. This town is called Little Giant.
There is a forest surrounding Little Giant and it had any type of animal you could imagine. There were horse, biking, and hiking trails everywhere. There are campsites in the most beautiful place you could imagine.
There is a lake called Giant Hood, with boat rentals and fishing rentals and it had a picnic area with a swimming area. So far, it sounds pretty peaceful.

Welcome to Little Giant.
© Copyright 2005 Silver (silverhawk662 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1032386-Through-the-Mirror-Prolouge