*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1033401-Dianne-and-the-dream-giving-sand
by mom5
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1033401
A little girl's dream comes true.
Once upon a time there was a little girl named Dianne who always said "Please" and "Thank-you." Dianne was always polite and she never played in dirt. She was what grown-ups would consider...the perfect little girl. Dianne would smile and nod and even curtsy, but she was a very unhappy little girl. Her mother and father beamed with pride when others would say.."What a beautiful child." Dianne would smile...but what others could not see...was the frown that was hidden underneath.

When Dianne would dream, she could see herself on top of a mountain of sand...she could see that her dress was dirty, and she was happy because of it. She would start at the top and roll all the way down. She would have dirt in her hair and under her finger nails and she could even feel the grains crunch between her teeth when she bit down. Dianne wanted so much to get dirty in her waking hours, but she knew that her parents wouldn't allow it. This made her very sad.

One morning when Dianne woke up, she noticed that there was...could it be?...sand....in her bed. "Oh no...where did this come from?" she thought. She pulled back her sheets and there was sand everywhere. Dianne quickly brushed it off and pushed it under the bed.

The next night, she dreamed the same dream...rolling down the mountain of sand. As she stood at the bottom, she looked around and saw a little funny man. He introduced himself, "Little Dianne, I've been watching you since the day that you were born. I am none other than the giver of all dreams...I am Daniel Dream-giver. I've been watching you...you stay so clean, but I know how you long to play in sand. This mountain, my dear, is mine...I call it my mountain of dreams. Each grain of sand is a different dream...and I want to give you every dream that your heart desires."

Dianne couldn't believe what she was hearing and seeing. "Do you mean I can have any dream that I desire? As many as I want?" "Yes, and because you love my sand so much, I want you take over. For I am very old and tired...I want to rest awhile. Will you be my dream-giver?" he said. Of course Dianne couldn't refuse such a wonderful thing...she would be in charge of every dream in the world.

So every night after that...when Dianne would drift off to sleep, she would become a "Dianne Dream-giver". She would roll down the mountain and then gather the dreams at the bottom...then she would give those dreams to all...not just one dream...but many. Seeing as some of the dreams had the ability to come true, she gave at least one "True-dream" to every one.

For the rest of her days, she watched the special dreams of many...come true. She was forever surrounded by dream-giving sand...and she, forever, placed dreams in the hearts of all. She and all the dreamers lived happily ever after...THE END
© Copyright 2005 mom5 (angstall at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1033401-Dianne-and-the-dream-giving-sand