*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1044480-Isa-Danton-unplugged
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Biographical · #1044480
My life, as a whole
504 words.

PLOT: How did this girl grow up to become an aspiring writer?
SETTING: Life as a whole.
STARTING: A little girl is born
ENDING: A writer wants people to connect with her writings.



There once was a little girl whose parents did not really decide to have. However, for the lack of an option, she was born to this young couple who already had an older version of her.
My sister is only 18 months older than me. So, naturally, I became “her” child. From the word “go”, I was her pet, her thing.

I love her with all my heart and I would not want to change her for any other sister… maybe a brother though... Anyway, she is my stone wall, my walking stick and definitely, still my confident.

I am now what one can call a "middle-aged" woman, I guess. I don't feel like a grandmother, even though, technically, I could be one. I feel closer to the definition of growth according to Erikson. I have reached the stage where I am settling in, building a family and feeling rested after a long period of searching for a partner.
I am now the proud mother of a little boy. I always thought I would have a coffee-with-milk baby, and it was not a surprise to me to see him enter my life.

I started writing stories as soon as I was physically able to do it. My family never went on holidays or trips anywhere, so, anytime I was left to myself, I just started writing stories about large families of orphans (don’t ask!) who had problems in school. When I was about eight, I was very proud to show my teacher a 32-page story I wrote with one single sentence. Later on, I used my sister’s typewriter and I spent long afternoons of our summer holidays typing pages and pages of sad stories.

Since that time, things have changed slightly; everyday life is my source of inspiration. I still remember reading somewhere that the best stories one could write are the gossips told by old ladies around the village water hole. Those stories are straight to the point, told with very simple words, a series of facts with spices on them.

I am inspired by my life as a woman, as a mum, and as a teacher, in this order. Writing helps me make it through each day as a woman. I am a student of child psychology and I know how important it is to express one’s emotions, so when something is too heavy for me, I write it down. My personal life is a mess, but with my keyboard, I can make anything I want out of it. I can mend what is broken, bring back memories long gone. I can be cleverer, more tolerant, and successful. With my writing, I become the best mum ever, and the teacher who is going to leave a trace in children’s life and history. My only limit is the span of my creativity.

However, I do not only write for my own benefit. I hope to be an inspiration to others. I would like readers to relate to my stories and share my emotions.


© Copyright 2005 Florence C. (isa-danton at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1044480-Isa-Danton-unplugged