*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1081384-Visiting-Toilets
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #1081384
This is a very common private room
The most visited room in the entire world, whether you are in Malaysia or in China, even in France, has to be the toilets!

Sometimes, foreigners are confused on how to ask for its location in a house or a restaurant:

-“What should I ask? Toilets? WC? Washroom? Restroom? Ladies’ room? Dam! I only want to pee!”

When I enter a restaurant, I always use my sixth sense to locate the bathroom. It is not too difficult, it is usually somewhere at the back, probably something like two doors side by side.

I have travelled quite a few places and some discoveries I made overdid my worst nightmares. China remains in my memory as a shocking experience. I don’t think I could have foreseen what I saw there!

Imagine the South of China, in a bus station, anyone HAS to go. I located the toilets with one of my senses, not the sixth one… but smell! Then, I had to queue with tens of women holding their dresses up, as they were getting ready to go.

China is one place where natural needs are just all over the place. No need to hide, they could not care to look, or maybe, just out of curiosity, but not more than they do when your pants are up.

When I lived in Manchuria, I went to a disco once. Then of course, after a while, I needed to pee. I found out that the toilets were behind a little wall, no door, just a hole on the right for men and a hole on the left for women (a luxury!). All you had to do was squat on the hole and forget that anyone else could see you doing that. I don’t remember ever dreaming something as humiliating as that.

Word Count: 298 words
PLOT: Toilet experience around the world.
Start: a very common private place
Ending: China “rules”
Setting: Toilets in different locations.
© Copyright 2006 Florence C. (isa-danton at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1081384-Visiting-Toilets