*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1047024-The-Unkown-Past
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Ash
Rated: E · Short Story · Gothic · #1047024
Eliza unknowingly is being rapidly put into a new and dangerouse world... Chapters 1-3
Please read this. It's something that I've putted together awhile ago and I would love to have your opinions on it. This is still a work in progress and if you find an error, please point it out.

Chapter One


The Nightmare


         Walking here and there was all I could do at the time. I hadn’t known what I was doing, but I was missing something. Trying to do this in the dark probably wasn’t helping, but I couldn’t find a light switch anywhere. A phone started to ring and with that came a light about it. Maybe the person calling could help me. I ran to the phone, but some how it wasn’t as far away as I had thought it to be. I picked it up and found that no one was on the other line. “Hello?” No answer was to come I realized. Something moved this way and that. Soon the whole ground moved and shacked. A split in the floor stared and I fell into it. Darkness was overpowering the faint light of the phone. Spinning, spinning, and then it stopped.
         An empty neighborhood at night seemed to appear before me. Walking around I came upon this house that had no windows. Why would anyone live with no windows in their home? At my own home we have many window that are constantly open. Letting my overpowering curiosity take control, I decided to knock on the door; nothing scary in that. Just ask where I am and something about their window situation. There has to be a reason. I crossed the street and got to the door. Before I could get one knock on the door I felt pulled into yet another dark room. Something was wrong with me. I couldn’t get up or do anything. ”Is anyone here? Help.” Tears were flowing down my cheeks. How much more before things were put back together? Tiles, that’s what I was on. This must be a-, A glow came out of nowhere showing off a rose. The distance seemed to be to great to ever reach it, but then everything was happening weird today. As I watched it I saw that it was a candle that showed off the glow and that they were both being carried. I still felt this imaginary hold on me that would not give. I looked back at the candle, but where I suspected to be someone holding it along with the rose, I found none. Both objects were independently coming towards me in the air. The closer they came the more I wanted the rose. It didn’t seem to have any flaws. It had the perfect ruby red, every petal was in place, and this stem was long and a rich green covered it. That rose, I wanted it. The more I obsessively thought about the better I became to move about myself, but that didn’t matter any more. The rose was coming to me and me alone. I sat there with big drooling eyes and decided to get up in order to just grab it when it came. This was no ordinary situation, but yet a unique one.
         A sudden stop had taken over the rose and it came right in front of me followed by the candle. Still in the air with no sign of support the rose waited for something. I put out my hand and waved it around the rose and could not even find a string holding it up. After this I laughed, this couldn’t be as real as it felt. I grabbed it right out of the air and it came to me with such ease, that there could be distinguish from it and any other rose. A scream had taken over me when a hand had been placed on my shoulder and so I looked at whom it could be. At an instant I let go of the rose and turned my head towards the owner of the hand. Before looking at him which was very hard with such little light I looked back at the rose. It had not fallen. Seeing it there in mid air gave me a smile from surprise. The boy also smiled and I looked at the boy tiring to make out his face. As I did this I noticed that his teeth were rather big which I only could see them because they were so brightly white. After starring for a second longer I noticed that his teeth were also in some way very sharp. While startled with this I closed my eyes, and turned away, and then opened them in hopes it was just my imagination, but he was gone. Though he had disappeared from my sight, I did not feel safe. He still had his hand on my shoulder. It had not moved. There was touch of another hand up above my ear. It was pushing my head down to my shoulder. What was he doing? Vampires aren't real. Are they? This is all that I could think of until something sharp was coming upon her neck. I was too frightened to think anymore and I started to scream. I screamed for help and for him to get off. I closed my eyes and didn't stop screaming until a light came on. It had all been a dream and I was safe in my bed.

Chapter 2


Alone


         Marcus was starring out the door looking until he could no longer look. The small town of Haden was waking up to yet another sunny day. His parents had already turned in for the morning. All alone in the house there was nothing to do and he couldn't go outside. Tired as he was he never really liked sleeping that much. The only thing that he could really do was to play with Ben. "Ben is it? Well how are you felling?" Ben did not answer him. "Ben your wallet says you are 13. Why are you not at home yet? You should be at this age?" Ben still gave no answer to Marcus. "If you were going to spend the night you could have packed some extra clothes. Why didn't you?" There still was no answer. "This is very rude of you to ignore me even if you are dead." Frustrated with his bored ness he went to bed.

Chapter 3


The Unthinkable


         On those cold and rainy days all you want to do is go outside; even if your not in outside person the rain always makes you feel like you would have more fun out there than inside, but playing games with the family is just as fun; or at least it was for Eliza. All three of them were playing LIFE. Eliza wanted to be with her friends, but family came first with her. She figured that they can't spend all day playing so there would be plenty of time later to go to the mall with her friends. "Dad I have to go call a friend real quick about this afternoon so I'll be right back."
         "Okay, but don't be to long."
         "Who should I call? Gina is going to the dance and I don't want to bug her. Samantha. I guess I could call her up and tell her when I could go to the mall with her."
         "Hey Sammy!"
         "Hi Eliza are you still playing?"
         "Yeah I still am, but I should be done in about an hour."
         "Cool. So how's LIFE."
         "Oh, life is going good. What about yours?"
         "So did you want to go to the mall?"
         "Ahhhhhh! Honey get up. Are you all right? Please get up."
         "I got to call you back." Without a goodbye she hung up and ran down stairs to see what was what. She saw here father laying on the floor and not moving. His chest was not moving either. Mom was standing over him crying I think, but I couldn't tell because my own eyes were tearing up. I ran upstairs and went straight to the phone and called nine-one-one. "Hi." The words could barely come out of my mouth, but somehow they did and I managed to give them all the information. I went back down the stairs and looked again at my mom. She was mumbling something that I could not here. I had never seen her so broken down before; nor have I ever thought something like this would happen to me. "Mom." She looked at me and her eyes had turned all glassy and asking the same question that ran through our minds; Why? "I called an ambulance and they’re on their way." My mom stared at me and then walked towards me. She hugged me so tight as to not loose me too.
         "You are my strong daughter how could I ever live without you," but these words were spoken at the lightest of a whisper that I could not hear them, and quickly they were followed by sirens from outside. They rushed and came in when we opened the door and they checked my father. He was already de-. He was... He was gone and they bagged him up. They took my mom aside to ask questions. Something I was not expecting was for them to ask me questions. I really didn't want to think about what had happened. What was there to say, but it happened so fast and so unexpectedly.
         "Eliza your mom told me what happened and just get all the facts what where you doing upstairs?"
         "What dose that have to do with my father being de-; with my father being gone? Huh. My Dad just- and you’re asking me a question like this. Well since it seems to be so important that you know the answer I'll tell you." The cop or whatever he was look sorry and frustrated at the same time. Though it is not like me. I couldn't stop yelling at him. "I was on the phone with my friend Sammy and we talked until I heard my MOTHER SCREAMING that my FATHER WAS NOT ALL RIGHT." After that I completely lost it and I collapsed in his arms, I didn't want him around me or even him touching me, but my ankles gave out and I fell crying on him. I felt everyone’s eyes were on me, but I didn't care.


Thank you for reading this and If you would like to read what happens next, please put that in a review and I will add on to it then. Comments???
© Copyright 2005 Ash (ashley88oregon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1047024-The-Unkown-Past