*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1047892-Dunkin-Donuts
Rated: E · Short Story · Community · #1047892
You meet people even when you are looking your best!
Maybe it was his smile that drew me to him. White sparkling teeth and a twinkle in his eyes. Eyes the color of Chocolate that makes you feel you're melting when he looks your way.
I am talking about a man I met at Dunkin Donuts. I actually bumped into him as we stood on line. I wasn't looking my best that morning. I was wearing a hooded sweater and wearing a big wool hat, covering my Dread locks. My make-up was gone from licking my lips as I have a habit of doing from time to time.

This young man was attracted in everyway possible but I had to get from his line of sight because I did not feel worthy of being in his presence. The man did not let me get away that easy. He started a coversation with me and both of us decided to drink our coffee there. I was happy and impressed by this man because he was willing to take a chance on me, looking the way I did and all.
The next morning I made it my business to bursh my Dreads, put on matching clothes and put on my winning smile. He did not show up and yes I was disappointed but everyday since I went to Dunkin Donuts prepared!
© Copyright 2005 character (wantingamuse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1047892-Dunkin-Donuts