*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1049242-Prologue-Lucifers-Glory
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1049242
Shortly before we meet Sentaku...The Prophecy and it's tidings.
         Steps echoed down a long, deserted hallway as dust drifted through the dry air. Boot clad feet came to a halt before a large stone altar. Gently, an old, mildewed book was swept clean by trembling, bloodstained hands.

         "This is it, Kizuato, this is it! The Book of Prophecies... How I've longed to hold this very artifact in my hands..." whispered a man wearing a long black trench coat covered in vast amounts of blood. He turned to show the book to his companion.

         The man's companion, Kizuato, looked at the artifact with interest. "Now that we have it, we can determine whether or not we should continue our alliance with the others. I admit, I'm awfully suspicious of that 'Blood' fellow. He seems a bit too eager in agreeing to help us accomplish our goal," he mused with a small frown upon his tanned face. "Not to mention him being one of the 'Chosen'."

         "I agree, my friend, now let us see what the Book has to tell us, shall we?" the man muttered as he hastily opened the book. Its cover practically fell off in the process. To his utter amazement, only a single prophecy was written in the book, yet hundreds of blank, yellowed pages remained. "What's the meaning of this, I thought all of the prophecies from thousands of years were recorded within this damned book!"

         "Well, let us have a look at it," Kizuato said skeptically as he eyed the short prophecy. Hesitantly he began to read,
"Prophecy of Light,
It is foretold that the One will come,
depicted as the bringer of Light,
the avenger of sorrow,
and healer of the morrow.

Darkness will join the Light, Demons be at peace.
Swords shall be sheathed,
Lost ones now found,
Paradise opened, allowing exiles return to the crown.

And all shall be right, for within Rencarou,
there is Light.

But if the Light does not fulfill this prophecy,
the world will be drawn into Chaos and Fear, Regret and Loathing.
Destruction shall rule the night, tearing through the souls of all who fought,
and there will be no Light, no Right within the Darkest Night.
"


         The man contemplated these words, mouthing them silently, "Kizuato, what god is known as the 'Lightbringer'?"

         "Kiera, I believe. Why?"

         The man smiled with a strange glimmer in his eyes. "Dear friend, I think we know the One of this prophecy. It is most likely Kiera's Chosen... But I do wonder what it means about 'Demons be at peace', don't you, Kizuato?" He grinned wickedly. His gleaming yellow eyes and sharp fangs glinted in the dark hall eerily.

         "Aye, I wonder at that too. I guess when the Chosen comes we shall find out if he is a threat or an ally."

         "Well said. Though, I do hope it's a woman this time," the man commented, winking at his friend as a huge grin spread across his face. "It would be pleasant to see a few more of them. Not enough female Chosen if you ask me!"

         Kizuato chuckled softly at the remark, "I most certainly agree. Now, let us wait and see what the gods have decided to throw in our path, shall we...?"

         "Yes, I believe so, Kizuato," the man said, baring his short fangs to the darkness. Again, he glanced at the fascinating prophecy. "Though, I wish it could've told us something about 'Blood'. Guess it doesn't work quite that way though. But then again... perhaps this book would look different to others? I'm sure it had more than just one prophet's work written within its pages..."

         "Perhaps so, I'll have my team look over it a bit. Mayhap they'll be able to tell us more about it. It's a wonder we even found it in this place. Who would've thought it'd be in the tomb of Devon, the one who cast such a ridiculous curse on y-" Kizuato cut short, noticing the feral twist of his friends mouth.

         "Yes, who would've thought the traitor would have such an important work of literature," the man's mouth curled into a snarl. "Contact the others. Tell them to search the place thoroughly. Who knows what else the cretin had hidden here!"

         "Good idea. I shall inform them immediately," Kizuato said with an amused smile on his face as he retreated back down the hall. The man cautiously watched him as he left.

         Once more the man read the prophecy, then flipped the page. To his surprise a second prophecy had been revealed.
"Prophecy of the Sinners,
Betrayal and Deceit fit hand and hand,
Carrying out the wishes of the Blood man.

Blood drips throughout the mortal land,
searching for hope, a means to an end.

One hope has come, but is the time ripe?
Is it time to let go of Spite?
Joining Demons, risking everything,
will he gain his true love, or another,
another faceless lover?

Demon Lord, do not fear,
let the course of Rencarou wash away your tears,
let Blood find his fury or his peace,
So that you too shall cease to commit to grief.

Watch for the Light, the misled one,
search for the Renegade, make a pact in the Sun.

Find the real Darkness, help those ignorant learn the Truth,
make them understand what it is you do...
"


         "This wasn't here before... But it seems Kiera's Chosen is also mentioned in this prophecy as well..." his eyes glazed over slightly. "What are you up to, Kiera? Shall you be my friend, or foe... you know very well what occurred five thousand years ago, the tragedy that transpired. Shall you take the hand of the wronged? Or forever side with those above...? Will we once again tread the same path, comrades as we previously were? Or will you forsake me, deny me my vengeance, my hatred...? Whatever your intent, we will meet again. Whether in the throes of battle or the calm of peace, mark my words, our destinies shall cross once again... Do you hear me, Kiera? Know that I, Lucifer, await our meeting with the utmost anticipation..." Lucifer grinned into the darkness. Echoes of laughter could be heard throughout the tomb...

End of Prologue: Lucifer's Glory from ~The Sword of the Goddesses Chosen~
© Copyright 2005 Neko ♥ Away (ketsuekineko at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1049242-Prologue-Lucifers-Glory