*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1049328-Chapter-two-Aunt-Chemichalas
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1049328
follow of chapter one about Jezzabell and krome
Early in the morning Glarndyle sat on the soft green grass in the small back garden. Behind him stood a large grey granite wall full of blackberries. This stopped the nosey neighbour from looking in. Off course, the neighbour seemed friendly and happy but he couldn't stop looking at the witches house. If Jezzabell's mama hadn't have noticed him peeping though the bushes, they would be in great danger but Krome saved the day by making a granite wall in the middle of the night. He threw tiny blackberries into the bush and planted brown seeds into the dry soil. The wall itself grew in seconds and Jezzabell's mama praised him.

Something stopped him from thinking about the wall and he looked around. A couple of birds had gathered around, they looked at him and cooed for the others to follow them into the garden. All of the birds but three were orange and green and all of them chirped loudly. They dipped their beaks into the grass looking for worms but in this place,there weren't any at all. The garden just grew with grass and the soil had no home for the wriggly worms to live in. Krome could hear the other guest arrive by car and heard those who were flying on broomsticks swarm above the first floor of Kasty Kemp and go straight into their rooms via the open windows.He wasn't bothered about them, no one would see what he was about to do and then he had no fear of people questioning about his silly movements.
"Never mind me. All of you look fine. I will give you some food,"Glarndyle quietly spoke waving his wand.


Crunch! went a twig near the leafy bush.Just as he turned round to see who was spying on him, he saw an unfamiliar face.
"Krome, you can not feed magic seeds to birds'," she spoke and snatched the wand out his left hand. Roughly he managed to remember the other cleaners talk about a member of the Jezzabell's family. She looked bigger and round than he thought and her crooked smile made him laugh. He didn't know her name but as she was wearing five orange charms around her left arm, he had better think about what he was going to say. He did not want to upset the stranger who was staring at him and his secret might come out.

"What do you feed the birds with?," he mumbled. As she moved closer to the birds he heard her brown skirt crinkle. Her blond hair reflected her round face and her small white teeth glistened in the sun. She picked a couple of small, narrow brown bags from her black leather jacket and left them on the floor. The seeds sank into the ground and the birds carefully picked at the bag. It was Chemichalas, he remembered them talking about the birds and how she collected the strange ones who strayed away from the fields. Many of them that had lost their sense of direction were fed with water and milk and then she would release them back into the wild. It was not the only job that Chmichalas did and she managed to get the Golden Eagles Globe up and running. She was well known for creating and sending Crystal globes within the witches nation.

"Hi Chemichalas," he silently spoke.

"Don't play games. I am not as scary as one of Kromes assistants," Chemichalas said and she began to pick the berries. "Why does he have to take Glarndyle on as a cleaner? He doesn't do anything but moan and wing," she quietly spoke making him jump.
"He needs to be tamed and I like him," Glarndyle replied.


Minutes later she walked toward the red feathered bird. It had stayed in the same spot whilst they were talking. "He looks like you,"she cunningly said and put the bird on her shoulder.

"Me. No, It is a bird who wants to copy me," he sighed. He soon realised that the bird was Jezzabell's real uncle. He must have followed him to the guest house. Glarndyle needed to get rid of him as the bird would ruin his plans of becoming the witches leader.
"I will send him home," He exclaimed
"I will keep him. He can be my Angel for Dotty," Chemichalas abruptly spoke. She stroked the bird's small, red belly and passed the wand over to him. "Shall we go in and See Dotty?,"she chirped.
"Dotty,"Glarndyle laughed. Chemichalas coughed and the bird sat on her shoulder.
"She is my cat," she yelled. He picked the remaining seeds from the bags and sprinkled them over his head. He then jumped into the air, turned into a bat and flew away. "He is mad," She chuckled to the red bird.
"Twit too," Angel cooed.

As Jezzabell walked down the stairs, she could hear her aunt talking to her parents.
"Jezzabell must be sixteen,"Chemichalas spoke. She had forgotten about her nieces birthday.
"Yes, she was sixteen three months ago,"Jezzabell's Mama replied. It looked like she was dreaming of good fortune and wealth. Jezzabell stepped down onto the passage floor and tapped her aunt's shoulder.
"Aunt Chemichalas," she screeched with excitement. Chemichalas let go of the two small brown suitcases making them go bump onto the red carpet and her mama stood aside and watched them hug each other.
"My mates tell me that your top in defence spells," Chemichalas spoke in a loud voice. Jezzabel nodded her head and she saw something move around her aunts shoulder. "Is that your bird?", she quizzed. Chemichalas lowered her shoulder to let Jezzabel have a good look at it.
"How did you make it hum? The bird looks sweet," her mama croaked. Jezzabell waited for her mama to leave the house.
"I am going to the peaceful room in Port shortneck."her mama replied and the bird flew onto Jezzabell's shoulder. "Papa is in the kitchen talking to the chef. If you need me, call the porters to text me on my small mobile," she said walking out of the room.
"Angel likes you. Can you help me get the cases up the stairs?," her aunt demanded. She passed little Angel back to Chemichalas and picked up the heavy cases. All of them could hear the bird chirping a love song, one that was very popular.


Entering the colourful penthouse, Jezzabell placed the cases onto the rainbow quilt and carefully looked into Angel's eyes. Dotty ran over to the dresser and knocked the oval clock on its side.
"Hows School?,"Chemichalas asked. She opened the window to let the cool breeze blow through the room and sat down on the blue stool that stood next to Dotty. Picking the yellow comb,she drifted it through her long hair.
"Glad its over," Jezzabell answered.
"Over. You have exams to complete. The other school allows you to make potions,"Chemichalas hinted. Jezzabell knew that her aunt wanted her to do well in every subject. It was important to all of them that she could become a proper witch for she did not know that her parents use to be Measlie Claw gulls. A rare form of Cat and bird who use to live in space until the silver moon began to fade. Jezzabell really wanted to find out what was special about being a witch but the portraits in the peaceful room gave her the idea that they use to be an alien.
"I will do my exams, but staying on at school, no way. I want to go to college. That is where Dazz is?," before she could say anything else Chemichalas flung the loose hairs from her brush into the air and they showed a small image of the lad who she was speaking about.
"Who is Dazz? Don't tell me, He is a lad who is a Human," Chemichalas Blurted out. Jezzabell's face blushed with colour.
"He had a party at the house. It was for his friend, Slinks. He asked me to come to the dance downstairs,"
"You didn't go,"her aunts voice rose. Jezzabell let the hairs draw a picture of her and Dazz dancing together and then she went back to her parents who were having a tea party.
"Have you seen him again?," Chemichalas whispered. Jezzabell's smile faded, she shook her head and wiped a tiny tear away from her eyes.
"Our friendship ended. I never heard from him but I wish he stayed one more night. He got chucked out for letting the wild geese in. He thought it was the way of rural life,"Jezzabell spoke. Chemichalas grabbed the floated hairs and threw them into the wooden basket.
"I will keep an eye on you. You should know better than to go for lads like Dazz. He wanted a bit of fun and left when the going got rough. He won't be coming back to hurt you," Chemichalas uttered.
"Twitt two," Angel the little red bird chirped.


Jezzabell opened the case up on the left hand side of the bed and saw a bracelet covered with pins and gold beads. It shone the reflection of her face. She carefully picked it up and glared at it.
"That is for your birthday. Happy late birthday," her aunt spoke in a quiet voice. Jezzabell quickly fastened the bracelet around her left arm and carried her aunts clothes into the wardrobe.
"Thank you," she replied.
"My husband can not come but he will view it on one of the crystal globes. He works long hours to keep us in the mountain house," her aunt sighed. A sense of joy rose around the room and Jezzabell quickly cheered up.
© Copyright 2005 jezzabell krome (jezzy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1049328-Chapter-two-Aunt-Chemichalas