*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1053199-just-a-thought
Rated: E · Essay · Experience · #1053199
Life and how I view suffering.
"Everything will be okay," I tell myself. But I know it won't; it will never be. I am suddenly afraid of life, afraid of all the disappointments that are inevitably to come. Many more, much deeper than this; of death and failures, of lost love and desperation. And I wonder, what for? What is worth one moment of emotional torture?
But I know the answer is simple; for the sake of life itself. Life is more than desperation and difficult trials. It is the chain of hard times that lead up to the priceless moments of pure happiness, which none of us would trade for the world. This makes our disappointments worth every second, and without them, our moments of happiness would not be the moments of pure happiness they were meant to be; we would take them for granted. God loves us so much that He only wants us to experience the best of the best; the highest quality of happiness, which is why He allows us to feel disappointment and failure.
So for these reasons, I am grateful for the difficult times in life that are and lay ahead, and only ask that God not end our pain, but bring it on.
© Copyright 2006 Melisa Rhiane (melisarhiane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1053199-just-a-thought