*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1055149-Essencial-of-Quincy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Novel · Drama · #1055149
This book explains my experience throughout my adolescence years coming up in Brooklyn.
A lot of people that know me may have my character misconstrued, some may say that I am stupid and the other half may say that I am a genius in disguise. All my life I wanted to be someone that was in a position of power that can help others. I learned my lesson growing up about being a person in a position of power and helping others.
Some people are grateful and other are just some unappreciative bastards.
It was July 1994 and I was headed southbound toward Norfolk, Virginia with a couple of my ace- booncoons to get a peace of the drug life that we once heard about from all the other hustlers within our Brooklyn , New York area that experience the scene. Most of them went down there to seek the road to riches but only found themselves being shipped back to their family in a box or shipped back to their country if they where no citizens of the United States. It was myself who was the youngest in the four traveling, Ziggy, Maleek aka Poppa bear who was the oldest, and Specks. Maleek was the one that told us about this trip and that he had a connect down there that would supply all the resources, all he needed us to do is just come down there and set up shop. At least that was what myself, Ziggy, and Specks thought, we were in for a surprise.
Ziggy was the muscle and the sense of humor of the crew. He was always high and always had something to say even when there was nothing much to say whether you like it or not. He also suffered from narcolepsy, he would be in the middle of a conversation with you and just dose off into a deep snoring sleep. When it ever it was time to throw down Ziggy was there no matter how big or how small the opponent.
Specks was the one half of the brains in the crew . He always came up with a solution to all the problems in the world and if he couldn’t get one at that time, he would tell you he will get back to you and he usually does. He was also the ladies man, he could bag a chick without even looking at her. As long as I know this guy, he always attracted some of the world’s most beautiful ladies. It was like a store having a help wanted sign in the front window.
Maleek was the conman, he can con the devil out of hell in to righteous. One time when we were on the block he convinced some Columbians into thinking he had imports of cocaine. He told them that he would sell them the cocaine at 15 thousand a key if they were buying in bulks. The Columbians came on the block with sixty thousand dollars in cash thinking they were buying four kilos of cocaine but Maleek had another plan for them. He took their money and told that the block was hot so they had to pick their product up in the back of the building in a Key Food grocery bag. When the Columbians followed Maleek instructions to where their product would be they found a Key Food Grocery bag like Maleek told them but enclosed in the bag was four packs of Goya flour wrapped up inside brown paper bag that made them look like kilos of cocaine. By night fall I could of swore my block looked like a scene out of Scarface the movie when Sosa sent all his man for Tony Montana. Maleek held his own though.
As for myself, I was the other half of the brains in the crew. I am quiet and shy on most days but I’m most likely to turn into the type of person that you never that existed if you where to get on my bad side. I am a well mannered and a respectful young man that came from the West Indies origin. Me being the youngest of the bunch I was the most cautious at all times no matter what it was that I was doing.
The Greyhound bus was pulling into the Norfolk bus terminal and we all where anxious to get off this bus and see what Virginia has to offer. Once we were off the bus, Maleek suggested that we go to a lady friend that he knew that lives close by in the Norfolk projects and rest there until we hear from our connect being that he was the only one thet been there before.
We got to the entrance of Norfolk housing facility and these project looked like vacation villas. Even though, it looked well developed we were still in the hood. We got to apartment 201 and Maleek knocked on the door and waited for an answer. The voice of a female with a heavy southern accent answered. "Who dat be at my Dou?"
"It's me papa bear, baby girl", Maleek replied.
The door opened and this slim carmel skinned woman came from behind and greeted papa bear.
"Boi where the hell you been mang, the last tyme I seen cha, you open up shop and made a killing then split." The female asked.
"Shit...niggas done tried to run in my spot and jack my ass so I had to put it down like a Bloodclat rudeboy" Maleek explained in a false Jamaican accent.
"So who are you peoples?" The female eagerly asked.
"This is my murder squad,they come down here to eat up all the food in Norfolk." An excited Maleek answered.
"Is that so...ok." Said the female.
"Yo, keisha this Ziggy, Q, and Specks, Y'all this my peoples Keisha. If you all ever get in a jam down here and you need a place to stay, this is who you come see." Said Maleek.
"What it do Bois, y'all from up top too like this crazy fool. Keisha inquired.
" Yeah shorty but we ain't crazy like him though," Ziggy replied.
"Ok, y'all c'mon in and rest ya'selves, I'm finning to make some food y'all hungry?" keisha asked.
"Yeah, I'll take in some food what you got?" inquired Maleek.
"I'm fixing up some chicken stew and some Uncle Ben." Keisha responded.
"Y'all hungry...fuck that I know y'all hungry." said Maleek.
Myself and everyone else in the decline the offer because we didn't eat from anyone like that even though our stomachs was growling like a muthafucka.
"I'm straight." I replied
"Me too." Responded Ziggy
" Same here" said Specks.
"What the hell you dudes talking about , y'all been on the damn bus for a six hours and change and you fronting like you ain't hungry at all, F it then, More chicken and uncle ben for me." Said Maleek.
We all stayed by Keisha's house for another hour before being contacted by the connect who told us that he would meet us at a Seven-Eleven near by.












© Copyright 2006 Artwriteis (pennpad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1055149-Essencial-of-Quincy