*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1064476-First-Love
by Emry
Rated: E · Essay · Emotional · #1064476
This is a romance about the first time I ever fell in love.
A look, or a touch, no one can really know what starts it first. But there is a moment where it starts, maybe slowly or in a total rush that takes the two people like a wave. There was a look and a smile between us, and a warm feeling. The first time he laid his hand on mine I knew I wanted him near me again. I looked into his blue eyes and could see his soul and saw him smile back at me so warmly. Standing near each other seemed so natural while we worked. Not being able to keep from glancing over every once in a while and catching him looking back at me was magic.

There was no question that I wanted to spend more time with him and get to know him more. ANd the more time I spent with him the more the love grew inside of me and I could tell the feeling was returned. As time passed we came to live together and talked of marriage and kids. For someone like me this was a dream, because I never thought that I could ever love anyone that wasn't family. And this was more then I had ever dared to hope for.

And then when I wasn't looking, things started to fall apart and I lost everything. I lost the one thing I came to love more then almost anything in the world. And he walked out of my life forever. I have thought back on it over time and wonder if I had it to do over again if I would do it. Of course the answer is yes. I would rather have had one moment of love with him then my entire life without him in it.

After all, I now know that my life wouldn't have been complete without ever feeling the love that I experienced with him. The joy and laughter, the tears and sorrow were so worth it. TO think I coulkd have gone my entire life with out ever knowing love like I did with him. Now that he is gone and it is over I go on with my life knowing that I will always remembre him and what he taught me and gave me.

He gave me what seems but a moment in my life where there was complete joy, a feeling that took me on a roller coaster. To forget him would be to forget that I loved once in my life and that in itself would be a tragedy. Because there are those people who are not lucky enough to ever know true love.

I wish that everyone could know love like I did. Even if for but a moment, whether that moment is a few months, a few years, or just a week. I still love him now, more then ever for I don't think you can possibly fall out of love. But I know that some people love just isn't enough some times. It's a shame though, because love has been known to move mountains. Make people do some amazing things but couldn't keep me and mine together forever.
© Copyright 2006 Emry (red_puppy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1064476-First-Love