*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1065999-After-the-Third-Day
by SWP
Rated: E · Short Story · Spiritual · #1065999
A deja vu...
After the Third Day

Yes, I am travelling between mindless white clouds and relaxed water — one mind’s eye in the sea of light with the mist and the cool spray of ocean breeze. There is no time, no limit … a mind-reach of nearly everyone, as it pleases. Flying still, from a certain distance I observe from the ocean cliff a very old castle, part of which was destroyed by a history of war.
Approaching one of the open windows of the very high towers slowly, I land my wings on its inside edge. The room inside is evidently very old, with low arc ceilings and many dark corners, full of plants and wooden tables where rolls of parchment and manuscripts from many hands are lying open. The rays piercing the stained glass windows in the middle of the roof are making the room look like a giant jewel box. The overbearing table in the center of the room was littered with melted stumps of candles. Telescope and astrological objects seem to be the center of interest. Near the chair still lightly sits the aroma or mellow spice of pipe tobacco. On my right sits a shelf full of holistic and herbalistic remedies. The scene is a mixture of the moods of old stones and new Temples.
I strongly feel him by looking at his long gold-colored staff with a fancy curled top that represent a cobra head. Then, in the moment I saw the white cat in the corner, I recognize the true reason, the pur-pose for further missions. Yes, it is my cat, my room, my castle, my own former existence from three days ago. I am the one who owns this golden staff …

— S.W.P.

© Copyright 2006 SWP (shadowwarrior at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1065999-After-the-Third-Day